Copy file over network : Permission Denied
Author Message
 Copy file over network : Permission Denied

Hello all,

I am trying to copy files over network like:

    Set fso = createobject("scripting.fileSystemObject")
    fso.CopyFile "d:\test.log", "\\fileserver\log\test.log"

And I get "Permission Denied" error.  I have shared the 'log'
directory and gave full-control permission to everyone.
Is it possible at all to copy files or create directories over
network with asp pages?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Su

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy file over network : Permission Denied
You will get "permission denied" if the file to be overwritten is in use.

--
Michael Harris

Hello all,

I am trying to copy files over network like:

    Set fso = createobject("scripting.fileSystemObject")
    fso.CopyFile "d:\test.log", "\\fileserver\log\test.log"

And I get "Permission Denied" error.  I have shared the 'log'
directory and gave full-control permission to everyone.
Is it possible at all to copy files or create directories over
network with asp pages?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Su

Tue, 06 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy file over network : Permission Denied
Hello,

 there are a lot of reasons to get "access denied" with
ASP. The most common cames from security settings
itself. Normally, IIS is running with the "IUSR_MACHINE"
account (something similar for IIS4). If the the ASP
page executing user is not validated, ASP executes the
page with it's own account (name above), that's what we
normally call "anonymous".

 This account must have rights at the remote machine. Given
the share "everone" (and I hope on the filesystem too!?!) does'nt
matter, if IIS has no access.

 If IIS is on another domain you must enable in minumum
the guest account on the remote. This is a default behavoir.
If all logons fail, NT tries it with guest. You could create
an new account on the remote machine with the
same usr/pwd for IIS like you have local.

 If the right "access this computer from network" has
only "domain users" in it (what is often the case for
companies), you must enable "guests" too.

 The situation can be much more complicated, if you have
trusts between domains. In all my installtions, I run IIS
with an account from our logon domain. This is the best
situation.

 Hope this tips helps a bit.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany

(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)

Quote:

>Hello all,

>I am trying to copy files over network like:

>    Set fso = createobject("scripting.fileSystemObject")
>    fso.CopyFile "d:\test.log", "\\fileserver\log\test.log"

>And I get "Permission Denied" error.  I have shared the 'log'
>directory and gave full-control permission to everyone.
>Is it possible at all to copy files or create directories over
>network with asp pages?

>Any feedback will be appreciated.

>Thanks,
>Su

Wed, 07 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. error 70 - permission denied when copying files

2. Can anyone help with a permission denied error when copying a file

3. File copying -- Permission denied

4. Permission Denied when copying a file to the SendTo folder

5. Permission denied when copying a file

6. Permission denied when trying to copy over unregistered dll

7. Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

8. Getting Permission Denied error, using FSO.Copy or InUse.exe

9. Permission Denied Error On objFile.Copy

10. deleting files with file system object ( Permission denied error )

11. LDB File Locked, permission denied.

12. Backup active database file (Permission Denied)