MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
Author Message
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

Hi,

What might cause this kind of an error in ASP-page while using MsgBox:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

/Project1_Local/new_implementation_sql.asp, line 39

Here's he code snippet:

if not Instr(1, searchString, strImpOwner, 1) <> 0 then
     MsgBox ("String not found")
  else
     MsgBox ("String found.")
end if

I've no idea what might cause this ?

Where can I find explanations for these error codes ?

Grateful for any help,

Jari Pakarinen

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
You can't use MsgBox in ASP.  Who would see the box or be able to respond?

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
Yep, found that out. Thanks. :)

Should I be able to call a client side script that has a message
box from asp ?

e.g.

asp:
call messagebox()

<SCRIPT language=vbscript>
<!--
sub messagebox()
    msgbox("a test")
end sub
-->
</script>

ASP and client side script are on the same asp-file.

.jari

Quote:
> You can't use MsgBox in ASP.  Who would see the box or be able to respond?

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

You cant issue a command that is designed to run on the client side on the server. What good would it do anyway??? the message box would show up on the server console... Run the script on the client.

--
Clarence

Win32Scripting
http://cwashington.netreach.net

On THIS site you will find everything you need to get up and running. A script repository with over 300 FREE sample scripts, a downloads section with FREE COM objects for scripting, a library of reference materials and an online discussion lounge to provide community based technical support. Check it out.

Quote:

> Hi,

> What might cause this kind of an error in ASP-page while using MsgBox:

> Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

> Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

> /Project1_Local/new_implementation_sql.asp, line 39

> Here's he code snippet:

> if not Instr(1, searchString, strImpOwner, 1) <> 0 then
>      MsgBox ("String not found")
>   else
>      MsgBox ("String found.")
> end if

> I've no idea what might cause this ?

> Where can I find explanations for these error codes ?

> Grateful for any help,

> Jari Pakarinen

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
<% if err.number <> 0 then%>
<script language=VBScript>
msgbox "<%=err.description%>"
</script>
<%
else

%>

Fri, 03 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
Hi,

That did the trick ! Thank you very much,

.jari

Quote:
> <% if err.number <> 0 then%>
> <script language=VBScript>
> msgbox "<%=err.description%>"
> </script>
> <%
> else

> %>

Sat, 04 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error
i also get this message.

it occurs when i use <% if    blah blah  then %> <script
language="vbscript"> msgbox " ", 0, " "</script> <%else  blah blah end if%>

any ideas?

Quote:
> Hi,

> That did the trick ! Thank you very much,

> .jari

> > <% if err.number <> 0 then%>
> > <script language=VBScript>
> > msgbox "<%=err.description%>"
> > </script>
> > <%
> > else

> > %>

Thu, 01 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

2. error: Permission Denied: 'msgbox'

3. MsgBox error...'Permission Denied'

4. Permission denied: 'msgbox'

5. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

6. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

7. Permission denied: 'MsgBox' (NEWBIE)

8. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

9. ASP - MsgBox gives "Permission Denied" erro:error '800a0046'

10. ASP - MsgBox gives "Permission Denied" erro:error '800a0046'

11. runtime error '800a0046' Permission denied

12. Runtime error '70' Permission denied