run exe file from a button
Author Message
 run exe file from a button

Hi
i made an html page with some buttons inside.
i want to active the option 'OnClick' by a VBScript, and execute an exe
file, let say: calc.exe.
what is the syntax of the command ?

shmil

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:58:48 GMT
 run exe file from a button
You'll need to use the WSH components and the security on the browser will
stop you doing this unless you set it to be Low

Quote:
> Hi
> i made an html page with some buttons inside.
> i want to active the option 'OnClick' by a Vbscript, and execute an exe
> file, let say: calc.exe.
> what is the syntax of the command ?

> shmil

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 22:26:12 GMT
 run exe file from a button
Ok
but what is the command ?
i want a little script (vb) that only run an execute file by calling this
script from the html source.
i made a button, and one left click on it will activate the vbscript.

10x

Quote:
> You'll need to use the WSH components and the security on the browser will
> stop you doing this unless you set it to be Low

> > Hi
> > i made an html page with some buttons inside.
> > i want to active the option 'OnClick' by a Vbscript, and execute an exe
> > file, let say: calc.exe.
> > what is the syntax of the command ?

> > shmil

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:31:12 GMT
 run exe file from a button
asked and answered in
microsoft.public.inetsdk.programming.scripting.vbscript

<tip>
You might want to review your newsreader's help on posting messages to
multiple newsgroups. Cross-posting (within reason) is preferable to
multi-posting.
</tip>

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> Hi
> i made an html page with some buttons inside.
> i want to active the option 'OnClick' by a Vbscript, and execute an exe
> file, let say: calc.exe.
> what is the syntax of the command ?

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:27:41 GMT
 run exe file from a button
Here are code snippets (VBScript):

The following VBScript code opens a copy of the currently running script
with Notepad.

WshShell.Run "calc.exe " & WScript.ScriptFullName

The following VBScript code does the same thing, except it specifies the
window type, waits for calc.exe to be shut down by the user, and saves the
error code returned from Notepad when it is shut down.

Return = WshShell.Run("calc.exe" & WScript.ScriptFullName, 1, true)

Gary

This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://www.asp.net

Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:47:43 GMT

1. create directory, copy files, run exe files

2. Command to run an EXE under the Command1 Button

3. Commmand to run an EXE under the Command1 Button

4. Running cscript.exe and wscript.exe from the floppy drive

5. run exe file

6. Run an EXE file

7. Running exe files from ASP

8. open/run an EXE file from JavaScript/HTML

9. Running a EXE file with VB Script

10. How could I run exe file form vbscript

11. How to Auto Run a Cab File Packaged as an .exe

12. To run a .exe file