Accessing empty/null Memo Fields in a Access 97
Author Message
 Accessing empty/null Memo Fields in a Access 97

I have been trying to display information in a record set from some memo
fields.  If the records have information in these particular fields then I
don't have any problems with the output.  Now, if the memo fields are empty
a scripting error occurs.  It's like VB Script can not interepret these
fields. When I run a IS NUll Query in Interdev's built in Query builder the
fields come out with <binary> tag in the field.  I've tried everything from
checking the length of the field to using IsNull, IsEmpty. Everything
returns as 0 or in other words "False" for the IsNull and IsEmpty
Functions.  Does somebody have a clue what is going on here?

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing empty/null Memo Fields in a Access 97
I ran into a similar problem while writing a COM object with Visual Basic
and I ran into a unusual error.  I was checking for a null value on a memo
field but I kept getting an error that was saying I was trying to put a null
value into a scripting dictionary object so I put a breakpoint in the code
and when I put my mouse over the memo field it showed a value of  ' ' but if
I moved my mouse back over it then it showed a Null value.  Makes no sense
at all so I fixed it temporarily by putting a second null check, that did
work but I have no idea why it does that.  Must be some bug with Memo
fields.
Quote:

>I have been trying to display information in a record set from some memo
>fields.  If the records have information in these particular fields then I
>don't have any problems with the output.  Now, if the memo fields are empty
>a scripting error occurs.  It's like VB Script can not interepret these
>fields. When I run a IS NUll Query in Interdev's built in Query builder the
>fields come out with <binary> tag in the field.  I've tried everything from
>checking the length of the field to using IsNull, IsEmpty. Everything
>returns as 0 or in other words "False" for the IsNull and IsEmpty
>Functions.  Does somebody have a clue what is going on here?

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Corrupt memo fields in Access 97?

2. How to FULL JUSTIFY TEXT of a MEMO Field in Access 97 reports or VBA

3. ADO Update (using VB) of Memo fields in Access 97 DB

4. Access 97 memo field

5. Problem with Null Fields in Access 97

6. Accessing NULL VFP memo fields

7. memo/blob fields from access and/or oracle, access in VBScript under ASP

8. Newbie - Access 97 - Full Name Field into 2 or three different fields

9. How to relate a field to another field in the same Access 97 table

10. Displaying MS Access fields over 255 characters (Memo fields)

11. Mail Body field to Access memo field

12. get access-memo-field in an rtftext-field