disable shortcut in right click
Author Message
 disable shortcut in right click
i want to disable "Add to favorities" and "create short cut" if i click the right mouse button in the webpage .how to do that
by script in asp page?

-----------------------------
This message is posted by http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:10:11 GMT
 disable shortcut in right click
rajesha

Generally we say onContextMenu event for the right-click event. We can kill
it by return=false; or window.event.returnValue=false. But if you only want
to kill certain items in the menu, there is no way, as far as I know, via
script.

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Quote:
> i want to disable "Add to favorities" and "create short cut" if i click

the right mouse button in the webpage .how to do that
Quote:
> by script in asp page?

> -----------------------------
> This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:47:58 GMT
 disable shortcut in right click
Does this work in Netscape, Mozilla, etc?

David Martin

Quote:
> rajesha

> Generally we say onContextMenu event for the right-click event. We can
kill
> it by return=false; or window.event.returnValue=false. But if you only
want
> to kill certain items in the menu, there is no way, as far as I know, via
> script.

> --
> Have a nice day.
> Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

> > i want to disable "Add to favorities" and "create short cut" if i click
> the right mouse button in the webpage .how to do that
> > by script in asp page?

> > -----------------------------
> > This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:55:30 GMT
 disable shortcut in right click
Hi,

Don't know about Netscape, but the onContextMenu event was
new with IE5, so it doesn't work with IE4 or any older versions
of Netscape, etc.  You can kill all right mouse clicks, but that won't
stop the Windows Application context menu key on Windows
enhanced keyboards.  AFAIK (and per MSDN documentation),
the onContextMenu event is the only event that reacts to that key.

Joe Earnest

| Does this work in Netscape, Mozilla, etc?
|
| David Martin
|

| > rajesha
| >
| > Generally we say onContextMenu event for the right-click event. We can
| kill
| > it by return=false; or window.event.returnValue=false. But if you only
| want
| > to kill certain items in the menu, there is no way, as far as I know,
via
| > script.
| >
| > --
| > Have a nice day.
| > Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea
| >

| > > i want to disable "Add to favorities" and "create short cut" if i
click
| > the right mouse button in the webpage .how to do that
| > > by script in asp page?
| > >
| > > -----------------------------
| > > This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com

---

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:20:27 GMT

1. disable windows menu shortcut when right click ??

2. disable mouse right-click

3. Disable right click

4. Disable Right Click--> IE4

5. Disable right click

6. Disabling the right-click menu on a WebBrowser component

7. Disable right click

8. how to disable right-click contextMenu - but enable for form elements

9. How to disable right mouse button and some shortcuts keys (WebBrowser)

10. Disable right mouse shortcut keys in visual basic

11. Can VB5.0 implement right-click shortcut menus?

12. Disabling the Right Mouse click in an application