Database not available causing memory leak in vbscript
Author Message
 Database not available causing memory leak in vbscript

Here is my function in a VBScript file that is causing a memory leak
if the database is not available(Seems to work ok if the database
server is available), wscript.exe keeps on running and keeps on eating
up more and more memory. Any Ideas....any one at Microsoft. Thanks for
any help. I am running windows xp professional.

Function GetRecordset()
        on error resume next
        '----- init conn
        Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
        Conn.CommandTimeout=5
        Conn.Open "Server="& ServerName &";database="& DBName &";uid="&
UserID &";pwd="& Password &";driver={sql server};"
        set rstemp=createobject("adodb.recordset")
        rstemp.cursorlocation=3
        rstemp.open CmdText,Conn, 3,1
        'ERROR HANDLING
        If Err.Number <> 0 Then
                call AppendLog(Err, "Error during Database Connection or Query")
        end if
        on error goto 0
        set GetRecordset = rsTemp
        set Conn = nothing
end Function

Sat, 29 Oct 2005 05:37:32 GMT

1. VBScript Function causes memory leak!

2. WSH causing memory leak in MDM.EXE

3. SR2 causes memory leak!???

4. ADO cause memory leak on EXCEL.

5. Win32API calls causing potentially memory leaks

6. Memory Leak caused?

7. Spliter bar causes memory leak! VB4

8. How to detect what is causing memory leak

9. Mapi control causes memory leak

10. BUG: DataBinding causes memory leak in UserControls

11. VB6 ListView with Checkboxes causing memory leak

12. Load / unload controls causes memory leak??