Can't use File System Object on XP Pro
Author Message
 Can't use File System Object on XP Pro

I have a bunch of ASPs on my laptop running XP Pro with the built in IIS. I
try to access the File System Object from the code, and it hangs. Is
accessing the File System Object not allowed on the Workstation level? If it
is allowed why is it bombing on me?

It works fine on my server, but I want to demo it from my laptop on the
road. Here's the line that bombs...

set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

-Curtis

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:43:59 GMT
 Can't use File System Object on XP Pro
Q295375 - PRB: Web Application That Uses FileSystemObject Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q295/3/75.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have a bunch of ASPs on my laptop running XP Pro with the built in IIS. I
> try to access the File System Object from the code, and it hangs. Is
> accessing the File System Object not allowed on the Workstation level? If it
> is allowed why is it bombing on me?

> It works fine on my server, but I want to demo it from my laptop on the
> road. Here's the line that bombs...

> set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> -Curtis

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:51:36 GMT
 Can't use File System Object on XP Pro
Well what do ya know, I do have Norton Anti Virus on the laptop.
Thanks

-Curtis

Q295375 - PRB: Web Application That Uses FileSystemObject Stops Responding
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q295/3/75.ASP

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I have a bunch of ASPs on my laptop running XP Pro with the built in IIS.
> try to access the File System Object from the code, and it hangs. Is
> accessing the File System Object not allowed on the Workstation level? If
it
> is allowed why is it bombing on me?

> It works fine on my server, but I want to demo it from my laptop on the
> road. Here's the line that bombs...

> set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> -Curtis

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:42:57 GMT

1. WSHController with XP Pro and XP Home

2. Can't create File System Object

3. file system object and UNC's

4. file system object error with Windows XP

5. Error accesing the system registry under XP Pro

6. cdonts in Windows XP Pro

7. Problem: VBS Mapping a Drive in XP Pro

8. XP Pro, Access, "Undefined Error"

9. Regedit /s and XP Pro

10. FileSystemObject lockup under XP Pro

11. NO CDONTS in XP Pro?

12. FileSystemObject in XP PRO