CDONTS not working just in *one* website
Author Message
 CDONTS not working just in *one* website

Okay, this is weird and I've wasted an entire weekend on it ... so it's also
annoying.

Last Friday I was testing some 'newmail' code in a new website and I
noticed - obviously - that nothing was being received.

Saturday I started to do some debugging, stripped out all extra code and
just had the barebones newmail requirements. Still nothing was being
received.

I tested a different website, same code, and it worked fine. So I created 3
test pages, uploaded them to Site#1 and tested each: Different recipients,
different From addresses, different mail formats, that sort of thing. Not
one email was received.

I checked the Queued folder (mailroot) and badmail folders ... nothing ...
nada. The emails had just disappeared.

This morning I uploaded the *same* three test pages to Site#2 (same server,
same pages, same code) and *all three worked perfectly*.

So ... what can be set/unset on a site level (IIS, I presume) ... that could
stop mails from being sent or stop CDONTS from working correctly?

Again, I stress, the same code is used on both sites, both sites are on the
same server ... Site#1 doesn't work, Site#2 does work. I even tested Site#1
on my laptop (dev environment) and it doesn't work either, but the pages
(test1.asp, test2.asp etc) are *identical* ... so what the hell is going
on????

Fri, 27 May 2005 02:46:31 GMT
 CDONTS not working just in *one* website

I reckon this site is running in high application protection (or in
IIS4.0 'isolated process'). I seem to recall there used to be a bug like
this, but I haven't seen a confirmed instance of it for a while.

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

  _alt.0
< 1K Download

Fri, 27 May 2005 11:16:22 GMT
 CDONTS not working just in *one* website

'isolated process' eh? Hmmm. I wonder why it would exhibit the same 'properties' across multiple servers - development and production?

I'll have to do some searching on those keywords.

Thanks

  I reckon this site is running in high application protection (or in
  IIS4.0 'isolated process'). I seem to recall there used to be a bug like
  this, but I haven't seen a confirmed instance of it for a while.

  I got bored with my old signature,
  so I changed it

  Atrax. MVP, IIS
  http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Fri, 27 May 2005 14:12:54 GMT

1. onload vbscript not working on website

2. onload vbs not working on website

3. CDONTS newMail attachfile is not working

4. CDONTS.Newmail not working in Win2K

5. CDONTS not working for email on same Domain.

6. Client Side Active X Control works in one envrionment but not another

7. VBScript-to-Jscript Conversion: One Works, the Other Not

8. FSO FileCopy does not work on ONE file

9. VBScript-to-Jscript Conversion: One Works, the Other Not

10. document.all.item does not work if there is only one item

11. CDONTS from VB not working.

12. MAPI works but not CDONTS?