"Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'" 
Author Message
 "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"

I'm stuck and was wondering if someone might be able to tell me why this
script is broken.

I checked Technet and found NOTHING in regard to this specific error.

When I run this script on an NT 4.0 server with IIS it runs fine.

When it gets uploaded to a Win2K server, it give an error of:
"VBScript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"

I don't understand why.

All it is doing is creating a text file called "Textfile.txt" and then
writing out a single line of text to the newly created txt file.

And then displaying a simple message in a browser window.

The script is being called like this:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Here is the script:


<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="TEXT/HTML; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Manipulating text streams</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">
<%
set FileStreamObject = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set WriteStream = FileStreamObject.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath
("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", True)
WriteStream.WriteLine("This script worked properly")
WriteStream.Close
%>
<h3><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFF99">Now reading and displaying the
contents of &quot;Textfile.txt&quot; ... </font>
</h3>
<%
Set ReadStream = FileStreamObject.OpenTextFile ( _
Server.MapPath ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", 1)
While not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream
 Response.Write ReadStream.ReadLine
 If not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream Then
  ReadStream.SkipLine()
 End If
     Wend
     Set ReadStream=Nothing
%>
<p></p>
<HR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thanks in advance for the help.

- Jack



Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:11:38 GMT  
 "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"
Exactly what line of code throws the error???

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
--

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
--

Quote:

> I'm stuck and was wondering if someone might be able to tell me why this
> script is broken.

> I checked Technet and found NOTHING in regard to this specific error.

> When I run this script on an NT 4.0 server with IIS it runs fine.

> When it gets uploaded to a Win2K server, it give an error of:
> "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"

> I don't understand why.

> All it is doing is creating a text file called "Textfile.txt" and then
> writing out a single line of text to the newly created txt file.

> And then displaying a simple message in a browser window.

> The script is being called like this:
> http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/test.asp

> Here is the script:


> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="TEXT/HTML; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <title>Manipulating text streams</title>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">
> <%
> set FileStreamObject = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set WriteStream = FileStreamObject.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath
> ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", True)
> WriteStream.WriteLine("This script worked properly")
> WriteStream.Close
> %>
> <h3><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFF99">Now reading and displaying the
> contents of &quot;Textfile.txt&quot; ... </font>
> </h3>
> <%
> Set ReadStream = FileStreamObject.OpenTextFile ( _
> Server.MapPath ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", 1)
> While not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream
>  Response.Write ReadStream.ReadLine
>  If not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream Then
>   ReadStream.SkipLine()
>  End If
>      Wend
>      Set ReadStream=Nothing
> %>
> <p></p>
> <HR>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>

> Thanks in advance for the help.

> - Jack



Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:05:34 GMT  
 "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"
Your code works fine for me...  I only changed the virtual path used in the MapPath() method only
because I don't have a "/cgi-bin" folder directly below wwwroot...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
--

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
--

Quote:

> I'm stuck and was wondering if someone might be able to tell me why this
> script is broken.

> I checked Technet and found NOTHING in regard to this specific error.

> When I run this script on an NT 4.0 server with IIS it runs fine.

> When it gets uploaded to a Win2K server, it give an error of:
> "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"

> I don't understand why.

> All it is doing is creating a text file called "Textfile.txt" and then
> writing out a single line of text to the newly created txt file.

> And then displaying a simple message in a browser window.

> The script is being called like this:
> http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/test.asp

> Here is the script:


> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="TEXT/HTML; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <title>Manipulating text streams</title>
> </HEAD>
> <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">
> <%
> set FileStreamObject = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> Set WriteStream = FileStreamObject.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath
> ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", True)
> WriteStream.WriteLine("This script worked properly")
> WriteStream.Close
> %>
> <h3><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFF99">Now reading and displaying the
> contents of &quot;Textfile.txt&quot; ... </font>
> </h3>
> <%
> Set ReadStream = FileStreamObject.OpenTextFile ( _
> Server.MapPath ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", 1)
> While not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream
>  Response.Write ReadStream.ReadLine
>  If not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream Then
>   ReadStream.SkipLine()
>  End If
>      Wend
>      Set ReadStream=Nothing
> %>
> <p></p>
> <HR>
> </BODY>
> </HTML>

> Thanks in advance for the help.

> - Jack



Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:19:01 GMT  
 "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"
Michael,

I have determined what the problem is.... (It's NOT the script.)

I sent this script to my client, to verify that they have the proper
read/write access for their configuration.
If this script runs fine, then I know they have the required settings for
something they are having me develop for them.

I had been working with the assumption that the client actually knew what
kind of server they had.

My client said "It's a Win2K server, so we need it to be written in ASP".

However....
I just spoke with their ISP in regard to the account type they have, and the
problem with the script not working correctly.

The ISP response was "Win2K? Huh? We don't support Win2k."

Then they proceeded to tell me it's a Unix server running some sort of ASP
third party add-on called "iASP".

SO....

This would also explain why they can't read the Access 2000 database file, I
just sent them today for their web database.

I wish people who run hosting companies would understand that simply because
a product says it's a 100% ASP compliant solution for Unix, this DOES NOT
mean it's going to provide them with the same functionality as running ASP
and ODBC under Win2k or NT 4.0. It just isn't the same thing.

Thank you for your assistance with this, but it appears the problem is with
the client's ISP and not my programming skills.

<SMILE>

- Jack


Quote:
> Your code works fine for me...  I only changed the virtual path used in

the MapPath() method only
Quote:
> because I don't have a "/cgi-bin" folder directly below wwwroot...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --




Quote:
> > I'm stuck and was wondering if someone might be able to tell me why this
> > script is broken.

> > I checked Technet and found NOTHING in regard to this specific error.

> > When I run this script on an NT 4.0 server with IIS it runs fine.

> > When it gets uploaded to a Win2K server, it give an error of:
> > "Vbscript Interpretation error 'ASP 0185 800200004'"

> > I don't understand why.

> > All it is doing is creating a text file called "Textfile.txt" and then
> > writing out a single line of text to the newly created txt file.

> > And then displaying a simple message in a browser window.

> > The script is being called like this:
> > http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/test.asp

> > Here is the script:


> > <HTML>
> > <HEAD>
> > <META HTTP-EQUIV="CONTENT-TYPE" CONTENT="TEXT/HTML; charset=iso-8859-1">
> > <title>Manipulating text streams</title>
> > </HEAD>
> > <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">
> > <%
> > set FileStreamObject = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> > Set WriteStream = FileStreamObject.CreateTextFile(Server.MapPath
> > ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", True)
> > WriteStream.WriteLine("This script worked properly")
> > WriteStream.Close
> > %>
> > <h3><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #FFFF99">Now reading and displaying
the
> > contents of &quot;Textfile.txt&quot; ... </font>
> > </h3>
> > <%
> > Set ReadStream = FileStreamObject.OpenTextFile ( _
> > Server.MapPath ("/cgi-bin") & "\Textfile.txt", 1)
> > While not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream
> >  Response.Write ReadStream.ReadLine
> >  If not ReadStream.AtEndOfStream Then
> >   ReadStream.SkipLine()
> >  End If
> >      Wend
> >      Set ReadStream=Nothing
> > %>
> > <p></p>
> > <HR>
> > </BODY>
> > </HTML>

> > Thanks in advance for the help.

> > - Jack



Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:47:48 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Session object error 'ASP 0185 : 8002000e'

2. Strange "Expected '('" Error

3. What's ".error"?

4. Replace(strEntity,"'","''") doubles single quotes in database

5. "'' SP1 and vbscript

6. Response.Cookie("string") interpretation

7. ASP - MsgBox gives "Permission Denied" erro:error '800a0046'

8. ASP - MsgBox gives "Permission Denied" erro:error '800a0046'

9. Error "429 "can't create ActiveX component

10. Error "429 "can't create ActiveX component

11. SQL with an "'" gives error

12. Error in Logon Script - "Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Groups'"

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software