ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.
Author Message
 ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

I have an asp (form) that takes in about 30 survey questions, when the user
clicks save, it calls another asp that just opens a recordset (or creates
one if it's not out there) and does a response.form to update each field
then an rs.update.  I know the record is pretty big, over 2K when each field
is filled out to it's max... and I'm getting the error below (and the
updates aren't taking place).

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

/E_Survey/Process/VehicleDamageRepair.asp, line 504

To fix this it says to convert some of the fields to memo fields because
internally Access handles memo fields by creating a temporary table.  This
doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm still getting the error.

I also tried doing 3 seperate rs.update's after increments of 10 questions
(moving response.form("formfield") into rs.fields("fieldname") ,
it updated the first 10 questions and died on the second rs.update.  I tried
an rs.refresh and rs.requery after each rs.update, but either of these
seemed to clear  the memory out.

Is this what I should be doing?
Has anyone every come across this problem??
Is there another way around this?

Thanks in advance.
Cathy

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.
Access has a limit of just under 2K for each record (row).
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q111/3/04.asp

-Chad

Quote:

> I have an asp (form) that takes in about 30 survey questions, when the user
> clicks save, it calls another asp that just opens a recordset (or creates
> one if it's not out there) and does a response.form to update each field
> then an rs.update.  I know the record is pretty big, over 2K when each field
> is filled out to it's max... and I'm getting the error below (and the
> updates aren't taking place).

> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e23'

> [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

> /E_Survey/Process/VehicleDamageRepair.asp, line 504

> To fix this it says to convert some of the fields to memo fields because
> internally Access handles memo fields by creating a temporary table.  This
> doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm still getting the error.

> I also tried doing 3 seperate rs.update's after increments of 10 questions
> (moving response.form("formfield") into rs.fields("fieldname") ,
> it updated the first 10 questions and died on the second rs.update.  I tried
> an rs.refresh and rs.requery after each rs.update, but either of these
> seemed to clear  the memory out.

> Is this what I should be doing?
> Has anyone every come across this problem??
> Is there another way around this?

> Thanks in advance.
> Cathy

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.
Update to access 2000 (mdac 2.5) and convert the database to get past the 2k
limit.

--
Mark Schupp
--

http://www.ielearning.com
714.637.9480 x17

Quote:
> Access has a limit of just under 2K for each record (row).
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q111/3/04.asp

> -Chad

Quote:
> > I have an asp (form) that takes in about 30 survey questions, when the
user
> > clicks save, it calls another asp that just opens a recordset (or
creates
> > one if it's not out there) and does a response.form to update each field
> > then an rs.update.  I know the record is pretty big, over 2K when each
field
> > is filled out to it's max... and I'm getting the error below (and the
> > updates aren't taking place).

> > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e23'

> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.

> > /E_Survey/Process/VehicleDamageRepair.asp, line 504

> > To fix this it says to convert some of the fields to memo fields because
> > internally Access handles memo fields by creating a temporary table.
This
> > doesn't seem to be working for me, I'm still getting the error.

> > I also tried doing 3 seperate rs.update's after increments of 10
questions
> > (moving response.form("formfield") into rs.fields("fieldname") ,
> > it updated the first 10 questions and died on the second rs.update.  I
tried
> > an rs.refresh and rs.requery after each rs.update, but either of these
> > seemed to clear  the memory out.

> > Is this what I should be doing?
> > Has anyone every come across this problem??
> > Is there another way around this?

> > Thanks in advance.
> > Cathy

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 ASP: Error '80040e23' [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Record is too large.
Does this mean that Access 2000 has no limits to record size??

Quote:
> Update to access 2000 (mdac 2.5) and convert the database to get past the
2k
> limit.

> --
> Mark Schupp
> --
> Head of Development
> Integrity eLearning
> Online Learning Solutions Provider
> Authorized Macromedia Training Center

> http://www.ielearning.com
> 714.637.9480 x17

> > Access has a limit of just under 2K for each record (row).
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q111/3/04.asp

> > -Chad

Fri, 09 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver login failed

2. Oracle ODBC driver / Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

3. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

4. [ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] ODBC--call failed.

5. ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'...

6. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

7. Error with Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle

8. Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

9. Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01ad'

10. Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0007'

11. Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a138f'

12. Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a1399'