FileSystemObject Question
Author Message
 FileSystemObject Question

I have changed to Basic Authentication but the situation is still the same.
I wonder does it related to the fact that:

set fs=fso.CreateTextFile("\\machine_name\wwwroot\download\afile.txt")
* this is in a live machine that pass through proxy and firewall

set fs=fso.CreateTextFile("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\download\afile.txt")
* this is in a development machiine in local network

Joe

Quote:
> From what sort of client???  I'm assuming ASP...

> Whatever account you are running this script under doesn't have NT

permissions via the share.  Even
Quote:
> if the share is for the local machine, any UNC is treated a remote machine

resource.  For an ASP
Quote:
> script, that means you have to use Basic Authentication so that IIS has

clear text credentials to
Quote:
> respond to the NT challenge.

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

Quote:
> set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

> Can anyone tell me what's the different between these 2?

> set fs=fso.CreateTextFile("\\machine_name\wwwroot\download\afile.txt")
>  and
> set fs=fso.CreateTextFile("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\download\afile.txt")

> For my case, I can only use the second one. The first one generate a
> "permission denied" error.

> Thanks

> Joe

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. FileSystemObject question

2. FileSystemObject Question

3. A fileSystemObject Question

4. FileSystemObject Question

5. Another FileSystemObject Question

6. FileSystemObject question.

7. Newbie FileSystemObject question

8. 1st posting - FileSystemObject question

9. Scripting.FileSystemObject question

10. FileSystemObject Question

11. A newbie FileSystemObject Question

12. FileSystemObject Question