Unique file ID
Author Message
 Unique file ID

Hello!

I am developing a document archive based on ASP(VBScript) and COM-components in
Visual Basic. I am using the FileSystemObject, but is missing one attribute. Does
every file have some kind of unique ID-number that preferabley is not changeable?
The customer of the document archive do not want me to change the file-names of
their files. I would need the id-number to connect my database record with the
physical file ...

I would just like to know if someone have got a solution to this problem ...

/ Jens

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:46:14 GMT

1. Generating unique IDs easily

2. Submitting hidden form data with a unique ID?

3. Generate fixed-length, unique IDs?

4. Finding a WinNT Unique Group ID

5. Finding a WinNT Unique Group ID

6. Code to generate unique ID

7. Unique machine ID

8. Unique ID of current PC

9. Access 97 updating Table w/Unique ID

10. Is this OK: Finding unique ID of new record by rst.FieldName

11. obtaining unique mail id

12. Unique ID for a Contact item....