Error: object required: 'WScript'
Author Message
 Error: object required: 'WScript'

I have a script with the line in a compiled cfm HELP file:

Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

When I run it I get:

Error: object required: 'WScript'

(My security settings in Internet Explorer are set to prompt for unsigned
controls.)

Jamie

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 04:39:32 GMT
 Error: object required: 'WScript'
You probably need WSH to run it as a script.
http://msdn.micosoft.com/scripting WScript is an object in it.
In IE the same code would be
 Set WSHShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
'which will give you a prompt

Quote:
> I have a script with the line in a compiled cfm HELP file:

> Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

> When I run it I get:

> Error: object required: 'WScript'

> (My security settings in Internet Explorer are set to prompt for unsigned
> controls.)

> Jamie

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:12:01 GMT

1. Object required: 'Wscript'

2. runtime error 800a01a8, Object Required: 'Application(...)'

3. Error: require object 'server'

4. Run-time error '424': Object required

5. Run-Time error '424': object Required

6. error - Object required 'DoCmd'

7. Run-time error '424' Object Require

8. Run-time error '424' Object Required

9. Run-time error '424' Object required

10. Run-time error '424' Object required

11. Help: 'Object Required' - error 42

12. runtime error object required 'id'