serverside action based up asp script.
Author Message
 serverside action based up asp script.

I would like to use asp to have something executed on the server were
the asp page is executed, should be no problem.
This should be based upon a button (or link) pressed on  a html page.
Problem is that the original page (were the button is) expects some
feedback (I assume).
example: I have an action under http://myserver/test.asp?num=12"
The asp script does something with 12 but it tries to load this page
as well, how can I make this so it only SENDS this link without
relaoding the paage were the html code exists ?

-benny

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 22:34:23 GMT
 serverside action based up asp script.

Quote:

Use a hidden iframe that you navigate to  "http://myserver/test.asp?num=12".

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 06:40:46 GMT
 serverside action based up asp script.

Quote:

>On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:34:23 +0100, Benny B.

>>I would like to use asp to have something executed on the server were
>>the asp page is executed, should be no problem.
>>This should be based upon a button (or link) pressed on  a html page.
>>Problem is that the original page (were the button is) expects some
>>feedback (I assume).
>>example: I have an action under http://myserver/test.asp?num=12"
>>The asp script does something with 12 but it tries to load this page
>>as well, how can I make this so it only SENDS this link without
>>relaoding the paage were the html code exists ?

>>-benny

>Making use of the HTTP 204 status code to prevent a brouser page
>update is what I use below. When executing programs on the server
>it tells the brouser to not expect a page update from the server.
>I use a batch file, but VBS should work as well if your server
>supports the code.

>http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher-demo.htm

Si,

Finally got his part to work, works great!

Remaining problem is talking to a (virtual)  commport. I'm able to use
QueryString in asp to 'catch' the data i need but talking and
listening to the port is a problem.
Iused the example below but I need to have the 'design time controls
registered. How do I do this ?

Dim com_port
Set com_port = CreateObject("mscommlib.mscomm.1")
com_port.commport = 1
com_port.settings = "9600,N,8,1"
com_port.portopen = True
com_port.output = "your output"

regards, Benny

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:00:51 GMT

1. change form action based on value in text box

2. Actions based on part of computername?

3. ASP and UPS online tools

4. send mail to serverside script

5. Serverside Talk on ASP and JSP reachable again !

6. Serverside Talk on ASP and JSP reachable again !

7. Serverside Talk on ASP and JSP reachable again !

8. registry based scripting to change name based on key's content

9. setting the form action= page1.asp or page2.asp

10. JScript - Iterating Through Form (Collection) on serverside ASP

11. ServerSide ASP Form Submission - Help!

12. Setting vb actions based on the value in a field