IIS Catastrophic failure
Author Message
 IIS Catastrophic failure

Hi,

We are trying to access a SQL Server 7 database through  ODBC from ASP
pages on IIS 4. All goes well, until a 'catastrophic failure' error
message pops up in Visual Interdev 6.

The error message disappears when you reboot the server on which IIS
runs, but to keep it running without this error message , you have to do

this several times a day!

Has anybody encountered the same error with ASP/IIS/SQL Server 7? The
problem seems to be a IIS 4 problem, but I can't find any information on

it or a fix on the Microsoft site, so suggestions are welcome.

Please don't just reply to this group, but send a copy to my e-mail
address also. Thanks in advance!

Ronald Kerstens

Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS Catastrophic failure
Hi,

I don't know much about this and haven't yet seen the error you have
encounted but a simple thought. Do you have all the service packs
installed?i.e. SQL7.0 SP1 and all of the SP's for the NT Option pack

AA

Quote:
> Hi,

> We are trying to access a SQL Server 7 database through  ODBC from ASP
> pages on IIS 4. All goes well, until a 'catastrophic failure' error
> message pops up in Visual Interdev 6.

> The error message disappears when you reboot the server on which IIS
> runs, but to keep it running without this error message , you have to do

> this several times a day!

> Has anybody encountered the same error with ASP/IIS/SQL Server 7? The
> problem seems to be a IIS 4 problem, but I can't find any information on

> it or a fix on the Microsoft site, so suggestions are welcome.

> Please don't just reply to this group, but send a copy to my e-mail
> address also. Thanks in advance!

> Ronald Kerstens

Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS Catastrophic failure

Yes, Came across this recently. It was to do with the DSN form our web
server to our SQL server, SQL permissions and all that.

Sorry, we just played with it and somehow got a result!!

                      http://www.help.com/

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 IIS Catastrophic failure

I'm having the same problem with a comparable setup:  I'm creating a
server-side object (through RDS) which uses ADO to connect to a Sybase
Database through ODBC. The object creates fine, but I can only
successfully get data once-  the next attempt returns "catastrophic
failure," and the server must be re-booted.
Another oddity- When I run server side debugging on the object, I never
get this error.

I've tried this on multiple NT servers, with the same results.  The
error's source is "Provider"  making me think it may be MSDASQL (the
OLEDB provider for ODBC).

I plan to install any service packs available for NT/IIS/DAC.
If that doesn't work, I'll bite the bullet and purchase a OLEDB
provider for Sybase.
If that fixes the problem, then it must be MSDASQL.

If you have an OLEDB Provider for SQL Server, give that a try.

Good luck, and keep in touch.

Daniel Murach
ABS Global Inc

Quote:
> Hi,

> We are trying to access a SQL Server 7 database through  ODBC from ASP
> pages on IIS 4. All goes well, until a 'catastrophic failure' error
> message pops up in Visual Interdev 6.

> The error message disappears when you reboot the server on which IIS
> runs, but to keep it running without this error message , you have to
do

> this several times a day!

> Has anybody encountered the same error with ASP/IIS/SQL Server 7? The
> problem seems to be a IIS 4 problem, but I can't find any information
on

> it or a fix on the Microsoft site, so suggestions are welcome.

> Please don't just reply to this group, but send a copy to my e-mail
> address also. Thanks in advance!

> Ronald Kerstens

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. jscript JOIN - catastrophic failure. 8000ffff

2. Catastrophic failure

3. Getting a "Catastrophic Failure" error

4. Catastrophic failure

5. Catastrophic Failure

6. Catastrophic failure?

7. Automation Error - Catastrophic Failure?!?!?!

8. Catastrophic Failure (?)

9. Automation Error Catastrophic Failure saving form

10. system error - catastrophic failure

11. "Bad Security Attribute": Catastrophic Failure

12. Catastrophic Failure!