FSO Object, UNC Naming, and Multiple Webserver Farm
Author Message
 FSO Object, UNC Naming, and Multiple Webserver Farm

Hello,

Not certain if this is the correct newsgroup ... but here
it goes:

We are preparing to migrate 100+ Intranet websites to a
multiple server, load-balanced "web farm". Many of our
sites utilize the FileSystemObject feature (VBScript) and
access the files via a UNC similar to the following:
"\\serverName\folderOrVirtualFolder\fileName.ext" - all
work without any problems on our existing, single-server
environment.

In our new "farm" there is a central datastore for all
content that every server in the farm will be pointed at
and set as the webroot. In testing, it appears that the
FSO functionality no longer works with the UNC
designation.

Are there known issues with multiple webserver
configurations pointing to a single datastore via UNC
that cause FSO to "break"?

If there is, is there a known workaround or some way we
can modify our configuration (easily) to restore
functionality?

Please send a copy of your reply to

information in
advance!
~A~

Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:04:45 GMT

1. FSO, UNCs and Multi-Server Farms - Broken?!

2. Using Microsoft Scripting runtime objects with UNC names

3. Name Property of FSO Folder Object

4. Access a UNC Network folder with FSO

5. bug vbs 5.6 FSO with UNC path

6. Access a UNC Network folder with FSO

7. FSO and UNC

8. bug FSO with UNC path

9. Multiple named arguments with same name in WSH 5.6

10. FileSystemObject does not work with UNC file names

11. UNC Path Names

12. returning full physical path name of a remote UNC share