Outlook forms and vbscript & outlook programming
Author Message
 Outlook forms and vbscript & outlook programming

    following:
    Have an IS request form so that co-workers can fill in and click the
send button so that the request is
    sent to the manager of that person.  The manager should have an
approve and disapprove buttons.  If
    the manager clicks on the approve button, then the request is
'forwarded' to the whole IS department.  If
    the manager disapproves the request, then a text box appears so that
the manager can let the user
    know why he/she has disapproved the request and sent back to the
originator.

    Also, if possible, for senior managers, the form should just be sent
to the IS department.

    For example: Joe (an engineer) decides that they would like to have
Autocad installed on their
    machine.  Would open outlook, open this form and fill out the
request (install Autocad).  Clicks send and
    the Head of Engineering receives this message in outlook.  THen
agrees that Joe should have Autocad
    on his machine and clicks the ACCEPT button which send the request
to the IS department.  Then the IS
    department can act on this request.

    If Mary an accountant would want to have Autocad installed on her
machine, she would go through the
    same process, but the Head of Accounting would choose DISAGREE.  At
this point, a text box would
    appear, and the Head of Accounting would type something like the
following:  You should install AccPAC
    instead).  This is then sent back to Mary.

    Is this possible?  I heard that this was possible using VBScript and
OUtlook, but I am not sure if this is
    really true or not.
    Any comments on this would be appreciated.

    If however, this cannot be done in Outlook, would this be possible
with HTML (intranet), and VBSCript?

    I had also heard this was possible.
    Thanks

Patrick Sabourin

web site: http://www.*-*-*.com/

"Even a mosquito doesn't get a slap on the back until
 he starts to work."
                     -Unknown

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook forms and vbscript & outlook programming
It's very much possible.  Actually pretty easy.

If you've done any programming in Access, for instance, you'll be
comfortable with the 'Design Mode' of Outlook's 'Message Form'.  That's
where you would add your buttons and text box to the form.   Choose 'Compose
New Message', then 'Tools' and 'Design Outlook Form'.  Fiddle with it, then
select 'File-Save As' to save the form as an .oft (Outlook Form Template) so
you can open it and modify it later.

It's important to note that Outlook lets you design the 'compose' form and
the 'read' form - so the person sending the request to their manager will
see a different form than the manager.  The manager's 'read' form will have
the 'Approve/Disapprove' button and the text box for justification.

The VBScript work you would need to do will center mostly around those two
buttons.  Basically, depending on which the manager selected, you will fill
in the recipients box on the form ('To:') and make the text box for
justification visible (if not request is not approved).

Email me if you want more specifics.

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook forms and vbscript & outlook programming
Patrick,

Quote:
> Is this possible?  I heard that this was possible using VBScript and
> OUtlook, but I am not sure if this is
>     really true or not.
>     Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Look at the routing examples and voting examples on the Outlook
Enhancement pages in the MS Web site:  In Outlook, click Help|MS on
the Web|Free Stuff and navigate from there.

Also, look around in the Slipstick Exchange site if you will be
working with the Exchange server:  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

 Sending from beautiful, midtown Mukilteo
 4.02 build 244 (32-bit)for WG, Win95, Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:44 PDT

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook forms and vbscript & outlook programming
You have to setup who is who's manager on the Exchange Server.

Regards,
Constantin

Quote:

>    following:
>    Have an IS request form so that co-workers can fill in and click the
>send button so that the request is
>    sent to the manager of that person.  The manager should have an
>approve and disapprove buttons.  If
>    the manager clicks on the approve button, then the request is
>'forwarded' to the whole IS department.  If
>    the manager disapproves the request, then a text box appears so that
>the manager can let the user
>    know why he/she has disapproved the request and sent back to the
>originator.

>    Also, if possible, for senior managers, the form should just be sent
>to the IS department.

>    For example: Joe (an engineer) decides that they would like to have
>Autocad installed on their
>    machine.  Would open outlook, open this form and fill out the
>request (install Autocad).  Clicks send and
>    the Head of Engineering receives this message in outlook.  THen
>agrees that Joe should have Autocad
>    on his machine and clicks the ACCEPT button which send the request
>to the IS department.  Then the IS
>    department can act on this request.

>    If Mary an accountant would want to have Autocad installed on her
>machine, she would go through the
>    same process, but the Head of Accounting would choose DISAGREE.  At
>this point, a text box would
>    appear, and the Head of Accounting would type something like the
>following:  You should install AccPAC
>    instead).  This is then sent back to Mary.

>    Is this possible?  I heard that this was possible using VBScript and
>OUtlook, but I am not sure if this is
>    really true or not.
>    Any comments on this would be appreciated.

>    If however, this cannot be done in Outlook, would this be possible
>with HTML (intranet), and VBSCript?

>    I had also heard this was possible.
>    Thanks

>--
>Patrick Sabourin

>web site: http://surf.to/patrick-sabourin

>"Even a mosquito doesn't get a slap on the back until
> he starts to work."
>                     -Unknown

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Form programming Outlook 2000

2. Programming outlook/outlook express from code

3. Outlook View Control & Outlook XP

4. Able to program Outlook without Outlook installed???

5. Programs folder (Outlook 2000 or Outlook Express

6. MS Outlook & OutLook Express - Address Book

7. : Re: MS Outlook & OutLook Express - Address Book

8. form of outlook xp to outlook 2000 sp3

9. VBScript & Outlook Email Address Properties

10. vbscript & outlook

11. find folder (vbscript & outlook today)

12. vbscript & outlook