Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script
Author Message
 Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script

Hello NG,

I use VB script to map default printers to users depending on
groupmemebership, but I would like a way to determine if the user has a
local LPT1 connection. If so I'd like the sript to terminate. Could somone
please help me with the LPT1 controll line since I'm new to VB scripting.

Regards,
Jan

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:17:09 GMT
 Detect default printer on local LPT1 via VB script
I found the code snipet needed in the script help from the link Alex K.
Angelopoulos provided in the reply "Actions based on part of the
computername?"

Set WshNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
Set oPrinters = WshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections

Regards,
Jan

Quote:
> Hello NG,

> I use VB script to map default printers to users depending on
> groupmemebership, but I would like a way to determine if the user has a
> local LPT1 connection. If so I'd like the sript to terminate. Could somone
> please help me with the LPT1 controll line since I'm new to VB scripting.

> Regards,
> Jan

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:17:44 GMT

1. HOW TO: Print to default printer instead of LPT1 or to screen

2. Set LOCAL Printer as default printer

3. Printer - Default Printer how do you detect this?

4. Setting the Windows default printer via VB

5. Setting local printer as default

6. local printer set to default

7. Macro to change default printer and then restore original default printer settin

8. printer default to non-default printer

9. Win2K Detect Default Printer?

10. Win2K Detect Default Printer?

11. Detecting default printer

12. setting/changing default printer via code (VBA)