how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)
Author Message
 how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)

any ideas (or answers) on how to calculate the GMT? i know i can use Now()
and subtract/add the difference between my time and the GMT ahead of time.
but that would only work for me. but since it's going to be on a webpage i
need to it to be accurate for all users.

what do you think?

thanks.
chris.

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 05:34:13 GMT
 how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)
Why not use JScript? Its Date objects have a toUTCString method and a
getTimezoneOffset method.

--
Life is wasted on the living.- Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

=-=-=
Steve
-=-=-

Quote:
> any ideas (or answers) on how to calculate the GMT? i know i can use Now()
> and subtract/add the difference between my time and the GMT ahead of time.
> but that would only work for me. but since it's going to be on a webpage i
> need to it to be accurate for all users.

> what do you think?

> thanks.
> chris.

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 06:18:08 GMT
 how to calculate the GMT (greenwich mean time)
probably because i didn't know that jscript could do that.

chris.

Quote:
> Why not use JScript? Its Date objects have a toUTCString method and a
> getTimezoneOffset method.

> --
> Life is wasted on the living.- Zaphod Beeblebrox IV

> =-=-=
> Steve
> -=-=-

> > any ideas (or answers) on how to calculate the GMT? i know i can use
Now()
> > and subtract/add the difference between my time and the GMT ahead of
time.
> > but that would only work for me. but since it's going to be on a webpage
> > need to it to be accurate for all users.

> > what do you think?

> > thanks.
> > chris.

Sun, 21 Mar 2004 06:42:23 GMT

1. How to Convert GMT(Greenwich) Time to short date and time and vice versa

2. Greenwich Mean Time

3. HELP: getting Greenwich Mean Time

4. Converting Greenwich Mean Time

5. Greenwich Mean Time

6. Converting Greenwich Mean Time

7. Convert Greenwich Mean Time to EST

8. Calculate GMT Time with VBScript

9. calculating the GMT from current time

10. Formatting Time to GMT when current Time Zone not known

11. GMT time, BootUp time

12. Finding Timezone to Calculate GMT