error using connection string w/ access db
Author Message
 error using connection string w/ access db

Thanks for reading my message:

I am using a Microsoft Access driver set up on IIS 4.0 on an NT
Server.  When my .asp page connects to the database I get
an 'Unspecified Error' originating from my code line that open the
connection.  I am using a connection string to open my connection.  It
seems to connect the first time you load the page, but then if you try
to go to another page that uses the same connection you get the error.

If anybody has another tips or a solution, I would greatly appreciate
your response.

Thanks,

Eric Keeney

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:59:00 GMT
 error using connection string w/ access db
post your code with/around the line the error is calling from

Quote:
> Thanks for reading my message:

> I am using a Microsoft Access driver set up on IIS 4.0 on an NT
> Server.  When my .asp page connects to the database I get
> an 'Unspecified Error' originating from my code line that open the
> connection.  I am using a connection string to open my connection.  It
> seems to connect the first time you load the page, but then if you try
> to go to another page that uses the same connection you get the error.

> If anybody has another tips or a solution, I would greatly appreciate
> your response.

> Thanks,

> Eric Keeney

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 02:35:37 GMT

1. Why ISAM error using Access and unbound ADO controls with sql string connection

2. connect to db using connection string from web.config

3. How to Insert A String Variable into an SQL Statement using VBScript/ASP/Access db

4. Connection detection and DB Access on Internet using VB.NET

5. Using ADO to specify nternet connection to Access or SQL DB

6. Global DB Connections...RunTime Variable used for Design-Time DataAdapter Connection

7. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

8. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

9. Help Needed - Javascript connection to an Access DB

10. Jscript to create a connection to WTS using ActiveX TSAC: no errors but no connection

11. Invalid File Format error in DB which uses DAO with Access file

12. Invalid File Format error in DB which uses DAO with Access file