COM hangs when calling from ASP
Author Message
 COM hangs when calling from ASP

I have a COM object that does a batch process. It takes about 5 minutes to
complete. When called from VB it works fine. No errors are generated. Now
when I call it from a asp page, it just seems to hang. The browser progress
bar slowly moves forever. I know it isn't working because the data isn't
showing up where it is supposed to be. It is suppose to import contact
information into a public exchange folder from a text file. Is there anyway
I can just launch the com object and release it while it is running? Is
there a threading problem here? I am using   Createobject("com.func")  to
create the com object in VBScript. Then it calls a function in the com
object.

Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 COM hangs when calling from ASP

Quote:
> I have a COM object that does a batch process. It takes about 5 minutes to
> complete. When called from VB it works fine. No errors are generated. Now
> when I call it from a asp page, it just seems to hang. The browser
progress
> bar slowly moves forever. I know it isn't working because the data isn't
> showing up where it is supposed to be. It is suppose to import contact
> information into a public exchange folder from a text file. Is there
anyway
> I can just launch the com object and release it while it is running? Is
> there a threading problem here? I am using   Createobject("com.func")  to
> create the com object in vbscript. Then it calls a function in the com
> object.

Use :
    SET oObject = SERVER.CreatoObject("com.func")
    oObject.FunctionToCall()

if you let your function return a String you can use
    Response.Write oObject.FunctionToCall()
to see if your function completes

HTH
Joost Devos

Sun, 11 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. COM hangs when called from vbscript in asp page

2. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

3. asp-called vbs hanging

4. Software Hang when called DLL hangs

5. Access Session from a VB COM called from ASP

6. Calling a COM Method with optional arguments from ASP

7. Performance of ASP pages calling COM object methods

8. error to call com from ASP?!!!

9. Calling a COM Method with optional arguments from ASP

10. calling an ASP's jscript func from COM

11. Call a REALLY simple com object from asp

12. Calling COM Function From ASP