Open browser without toolbars
Author Message
 Open browser without toolbars

I have written an ASP app and want it to run without the
toolbars and address box in the browser.
I can open up a new browser window and run the app in
there but I can't close down the original window without
getting a confirmation box.
Is there a way to have the original page reload itself
without the toolbars?

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:38:57 GMT
 Open browser without toolbars

Quote:

> I have written an ASP app and want it to run without the
> toolbars and address box in the browser.
> I can open up a new browser window and run the app in
> there but I can't close down the original window without
> getting a confirmation box.
> Is there a way to have the original page reload itself
> without the toolbars?

No... What you are doing now is as good as it gets unless you switch to deploying and HTA (assuming an IE5+ client base)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:48:29 GMT
 Open browser without toolbars
hi John,

Did you try moving the original window offscreen?  (Still there, but out of
sight).

cheers, jw

Quote:
> I have written an ASP app and want it to run without the
> toolbars and address box in the browser.
> I can open up a new browser window and run the app in
> there but I can't close down the original window without
> getting a confirmation box.
> Is there a way to have the original page reload itself
> without the toolbars?

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 06:51:38 GMT

1. Open New Browser Window without Toolbar

2. Open new window without toolbar and url-line

3. Open the same window without toolbars

4. Opening IE without Toolbar and Menu ..

5. Open Browser without Menu, Nav or Address Bars

6. can u resize the browser without using window.open()

7. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window

8. Folder without toolbars?

9. Problem with window opened thru window.open without toolbar and then maximized.

10. how do I open the current window again without opening a new window

11. open document, without open/close application

12. How can I open a web browser with an open document