dim as object type
Author Message
 dim as object type

I need to do something like the following in ASP.  Below is the functional
VB code.  I can't use the Dim line.  When I try to Set Instance =
Server.CreateObject("ezObjSI.InstanceInfo"), I get an error message about
out of process servers.  If I don't set Instance to this type, I can't refer
to it's properties.  What are my options?

Thanks,

Craig Buchanan

Dim Instance As ezObjSI.InstanceInfo

Set Instance = Server.CreateObject("ezObjSI.InstanceInfo")
Set colInstances = oSI.ezGetScheduleReportList(FolderID, ReportID)
For Each Instance In colInstances
    instance.property...
Next

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dim as object type
Looks like a problem with the object you are creating.  There is nothing
wrong with not dimming the object type.  If the object you are creating is
an out of process server then I believe there are issues/workarounds with
this.  Look into solving those as it's nothing to do with not being able to
dim the object type.

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 dim as object type

Search for this article at search.microsoft.com

Q184682 - PRB: Cannot Launch out of Process Component Under IIS 4

or this keyword

AspAllowOutOfProcComponents

or try doing this

C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\adminsamples>cscript adsutil set
 w3svc/AspAllowOutOfProcComponents True

You need window scripting host (option pack) installed on your server.

Quote:

--
lay foo :)

ICQ# : 13308732

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. dim myObject as Object versus dim myObject as myProject.class1

2. dim myObject as Object versus dim myObject as myProject.class1

3. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

4. Arrays dim'd at class scope get type mismatch

5. Dim as type work-around?

6. dynamically dim a variable ie dim "variable"&n

7. specifying the object type when constructing an object with object literal syntax

8. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

9. Type Missmatch [dim b() as byte]

10. Type Missmatch [dim b() as byte]

11. Multi-Dim array within Type statement?

12. Dim Arrays in User Types