How to check a remote PC running winnt or win2k using vbscript ?
Author Message
 How to check a remote PC running winnt or win2k using vbscript ?

How to check a remote PC running  winnt or win2k using VBScript without WMI
?

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:24:11 GMT
 How to check a remote PC running winnt or win2k using vbscript ?
do you mean :

How to check <something on> a remote PC running winnt or win2k using
vbscript without WMI

or

How to check <if> a remote PC <is> running winnt or win2k using vbscript
without WMI

?

I got bored with my old signature,
so I changed it

Atrax. MVP, IIS
http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:55:33 GMT
 How to check a remote PC running winnt or win2k using vbscript ?

Quote:

> How to check a remote PC running  winnt or win2k using vbscript without WMI
> ?

I know of a couple of command line utilities that can do this that you can use
from vbscript:

Parse the output from SRVINFO.EXE from the Windows 2000 Resource Kit if you have
it. Alternatively, parse the output from PsInfo.exe in the free PsTools suite at
http://sysinternals.com/

C:\>SrvInfo.exe -ns xxxxxxx

Server Name: xxxxxxx
Security: Users
NT Type:  NT Advanced Server -
Version: 5.0
Build: 2195, Service Pack 2
(a lot more info removed)

C:\>Psinfo.exe \\xxxxxxx

PsInfo v1.2 - local and remote system information viewer
Copyright (C) 2001 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

System information for \\xxxxxxx:
Uptime:                    2 days, 18 hours, 20 minutes, 36 seconds
Kernel version:            Microsoft Windows 2000, Uniprocessor Free
Product type:              Professional
Product version:           5.0
Service pack:              2
Kernel build number:       2195
(a lot more info removed)

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 11:55:47 GMT
 How to check a remote PC running winnt or win2k using vbscript ?

Quote:

> do you mean :

> How to check <something on> a remote PC running winnt or win2k using
> vbscript without WMI

> or

> How to check <if> a remote PC <is> running winnt or win2k using vbscript
> without WMI

> ?

I read it as the latter, but my answer actually covers up for a lot in the
former also (depending on what information is wanted ;-)

--
torgeir
Administration scripting examples and a ONLINE version of the 1328 page

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:02:31 GMT

1. Account information (WinNT, Win2K AD) using VBScript

2. Access exits at PCs with Op.Syst.Win2K Prof./Win2k Server

3. Help: Run app on remote pc

4. Running files on remote pc

5. Controlling an application running on Remote PC

6. Running Application on Remote PC

7. Running files on remote pc

8. How to get a list of processes running on remote PC

9. Running files on remote pc

10. Can't Launch Office 2000 shortcuts using RUN method in Win2k

11. Adding a value to the registry of a remote PC using REGOBJ.DLL

12. Saving a www file on a remote server locally on my PC using VB