Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!
Author Message
 Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!

Hi all,

I have put together a "Power Scripting" site that Gnter Born is graciously
hosting on his "WSH Bazaar" site:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
tm

Hopefully it will help guide newbies and not-so-newbies through the many
possibilities of power scripting.  There are links to articles (like Andrew
Clinick's excellent "VBScript vs JScript"), documentation (e.g., object
model references), and power scripting sites and resources.  There are also
descriptions of various objects used to enhance scripts in addition to
guides to accessing the Windows API from scripts.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Also, although it is designed to stay away from too many technical details,
I would appreciate all input regarding any inaccurate statements in the text
(so I can correct them ASAP) -- especially from any experts that have any
time to peruse the material.

Hope you like it,

Steven Bondi

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/WSHBazaar/Bondi...
[...]

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I have put together a "Power Scripting" site that Gnter Born is graciously
>hosting on his "WSH Bazaar" site:

>http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/WSHBazaar/Bondi....

htm

Hi,

Having just looked at the opening page (I'll look further later), I can make
two comments:

Since this *is* a site about scripting, Point #5 and Point #9 should make
references to Windows Script Components.

Other than that, it looks like a promising site and hopefully I'll be able
to look into it further later on!

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster          Vantage Systems Australia.

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!
Hi Peter,

Thanks for taking the time to check out the site.

I am not sure I understood your comment:

"... Point #5 and Point #9 should make references to Windows Script
Components."

Both these points DO reference Windows Script Components ... did you mean
they should NOT?

Thanks again,

Steven Bondi

P.S.  SIDE NOTE:  I am almost finished converting a DHTML Scriptlet for the
Microsoft Agent into the new "Windows Script Component" format.  The WSC
technology is really a very powerful way of reusing script code that
everyone can interface with ... as opposed to some types of "includes".

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!

Quote:

>Hi Peter,
>Both these points DO reference Windows Script Components ... did you mean
>they should NOT?

Ahh, yes. I only looked at the *Introduction*. Having now looked at the
actual linked pages, I see they do talk about WSC. But I still think that
you should mention WSC somewhere on the main page (after all, you mention VB
CCE!)

Sorry 'bout that...

Peter

--
Peter Torr, Developer / Webmaster          Vantage Systems Australia.

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!
Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion ... I will update the overview to include WSC.

Later,

Steven Bondi

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!

2. Power scripting site for newbies and not-so-newbies -- check it out!

3. newbies amongst newbies!

4. Great Help Page for Newbies and Power Users

5. New site for VB.NET newbies

6. New site for VB.NET newbies!

7. More demos added to web site for Newbies

8. New VB.NET site for newbies

9. Scripting Choices For Newbies?

10. A showoff gallery for newbies (and not-so-newbies)?

11. Newbies: browser's properties

12. NewBies:Changing Cell table text dinamically