XML DOM object return from function
Author Message
 XML DOM object return from function

Hi, all

I want to know how to return XML DOM object which is created at the VB
Function or to return XML string after converting from DOM object in that
function. Function takes xml String and create a new XML DOM object from it.

thanks in advance,

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 08:30:06 GMT
 XML DOM object return from function
In VBScript
Function getAndGiveXML(sXML)
     ' where oXML is the xml dom object
    Set getAndGiveXML = oXML
End Function

Function getAndGiveXMLString(sXML)
     ' where oXML is the xml dom object
    getAndGiveXML = oXML.xml
End Function

In VB
Function getAndGiveXML(sXML) as MSXML2.DOMDocument
     ' where oXML is the xml dom object
    Set getAndGiveXML = oXML
End Function

Function getAndGiveXMLString(sXML) as String
     ' where oXML is the xml dom object
    getAndGiveXML = oXML.xml
End Function

-Deepa

Quote:
> Hi, all

> I want to know how to return XML DOM object which is created at the VB
> Function or to return XML string after converting from DOM object in that
> function. Function takes xml String and create a new XML DOM object from
it.

> thanks in advance,

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:35:59 GMT

1. XML DOM and HTML document DOM

2. Read XML using VB6 DOM 4.0 with Namespaces - See Sample XML

3. Sending XML string to server and recieving without DOM objects

4. XML DOM object in Netscape

6. XML/DOM in VB6

7. XML as string vs as DOM

8. ADO Recordset and XML DOM string???

9. ADO/XML DOM

10. Problem Persisting Filtered Recordset to XML DOM

11. XML DOM COM

12. msxml DOM: reading each element in an XML