calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????
Author Message
 calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

    Hi,
Is it possible to call an ASP function that performs an SQL Query from
within a Visual Basic Script / JavaScript function???

... That way you could generate Recordsets dynamically as needed, without
having to reload the webpage. Thanx in advance,

    ngel

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:48:51 GMT
 calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????
No, asp is executed at the server, so you'd have to send back the sql
statement and receive it's generated output again.
Have you tried dhtml? It could do client-side filtering of the results
without reloading but you'd have a much larger page of html to start with.

Quote:
>     Hi,
> Is it possible to call an ASP function that performs an SQL Query from
> within a Visual Basic Script / JavaScript function???

> ... That way you could generate Recordsets dynamically as needed,
> without having to reload the webpage. Thanx in advance,

>     ngel

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:26:27 GMT
 calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????
  Research Remote Scripting (there is a newsgroup you can look at,
microsoft.public.scripting.remote).

  There is also a technology called Remote Data Services that could help you
with that, but it's recently been deprecated by Microsoft.

  You can try out their suggestion for a replacement technology, which is
SOAP.

  But personally, I prefer Remote Scripting.

  Good luck!

Quote:

>     Hi,
> Is it possible to call an ASP function that performs an SQL Query from
> within a Visual Basic Script / JavaScript function???

> ... That way you could generate Recordsets dynamically as needed, without
> having to reload the webpage. Thanx in advance,

>     ngel

Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:45:49 GMT

1. calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

2. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

3. calling C++ dll from VBScript within ASP

4. How to pass an n-dim array from VBScript to JScript within an ASP page

5. call a jscript-function in the vbscript-part of an asp-page

6. Calling a second VBScript from within another VBscript

7. Calling JScript from within control

8. help required for Access2000 call within ASP

9. Calling asp from within htm

10. Problem with IsDate function called within IIS/ ASP

11. Calling an external program (.exe) from within an ASP page

12. Calling ASP from within JavaScript...? Help please