How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?
Author Message
 How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?

All,

hopefully someone out there can help me out, or put me in the right
direction here.

A policy requires me to dump the eventlog from a range of servers in backup
.evt-files

Now I would like to add to my VBScript a routine which opens that file, and
reads the event-records from it
it does not matter in which order, but the files can become quite big!

So the question :
how can I in vbscript, open that file, and start reading e.g. record by
record
and how do I get the structure of the .evt file?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Olivier.

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:50:12 GMT
 How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?
WMI provides an interface to the event log. I put a lot of VBScript on my MSN community.
http://ca.msnusers.com/KBCafecom/files.msnw?fc_p=%2Fkbcafevbs&fc_a=0
--
Randy Charles Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com

Feel free to contact me by private email or messenger

Quote:

> All,

> hopefully someone out there can help me out, or put me in the right
> direction here.

> A policy requires me to dump the eventlog from a range of servers in backup
> .evt-files

> Now I would like to add to my vbscript a routine which opens that file, and
> reads the event-records from it
> it does not matter in which order, but the files can become quite big!

> So the question :
> how can I in vbscript, open that file, and start reading e.g. record by
> record
> and how do I get the structure of the .evt file?

> Thanks for your help in advance,

> Olivier.

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:27:39 GMT

1. How can I open and read the binary .evt event log file in vbscript?

2. Read in NT-Event log (SysEvent.evt)

3. open a binary file for reading/writing

4. Opening / Reading binary files

5. read from the sysevent.evt files

6. Reading binary files in VBScript

7. Reading binary files in VBScript

8. can vbscript read BINARY files?

9. Reading binary file using VBScript

10. reading binary file in vbscript

11. Reading Binary File through VBScript

12. Can I Open/Create binary files in VBScript