Outlook 98 - Print Forms using Word and VBScripting
Author Message
 Outlook 98 - Print Forms using Word and VBScripting

Hello all!!

I've developed a solution using a custom MS Outlook 98 form (based on
IPM.Note). This form uses the VBScripting code suggested in the MS Technet
article titled "OL98: Outlook does not print forms as expected". Basically
what the coding does is take each field in the Outlook form and put it into
a field within a Word template, then print it.

It has been working perfectly since September, but last week I started
getting failure notices whenever the user attempted to print with the
VBScripting coded button. It took me a while to realize that this happened
with any items that had date fields on them with values ranging from Dec.
1st to Jan 31st. I tried a lot of date combinations, and finally I'm stuck
with this information: VBScripting will not "transfer" the fields to the
Word template if the month in ANY date field is either December or January
(of any year). I find no logic in this behavior and I'm desperate for a
solution!!! December is coming soon and I can't have people back to filling
forms in paper!!!

Has anyone developed this kind of solution and might have some insights as
to what's happening?

Thanks!!

Natalia

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook 98 - Print Forms using Word and VBScripting
1) Post a stripped down word template and some sample vbscript code that reproduces the problem.
Without code examples that illustrate the problem, it will be hard for anyone to duplicate your
problem.

2) What version of the VBScript is installed?

3) What version of Word was the template created with and what version of Word is being automated?

4) Have you posted this problem to a microsoft.public.outlook.* or microsoft.public.word.*
newsgroup?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> Hello all!!

> I've developed a solution using a custom MS Outlook 98 form (based on
> IPM.Note). This form uses the VBScripting code suggested in the MS Technet
> article titled "OL98: Outlook does not print forms as expected". Basically
> what the coding does is take each field in the Outlook form and put it into
> a field within a Word template, then print it.

> It has been working perfectly since September, but last week I started
> getting failure notices whenever the user attempted to print with the
> VBScripting coded button. It took me a while to realize that this happened
> with any items that had date fields on them with values ranging from Dec.
> 1st to Jan 31st. I tried a lot of date combinations, and finally I'm stuck
> with this information: VBScripting will not "transfer" the fields to the
> Word template if the month in ANY date field is either December or January
> (of any year). I find no logic in this behavior and I'm desperate for a
> solution!!! December is coming soon and I can't have people back to filling
> forms in paper!!!

> Has anyone developed this kind of solution and might have some insights as
> to what's happening?

> Thanks!!

> Natalia

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook 98 - Print Forms using Word and VBScripting
Hi...

1) The basic coding I use is:

strFieldName = Item.UserProperties.Find("OutlookField")
oDoc.FormFields("WordField").Result = strFieldName

I don't have the Word template here, but just open up a new document, create
a field named "WordField" and that's it... there is not much mistery to
creating the template; I think the problem's in the coding or in the way VBS
"translates" the dates...

2) I'm not sure of the VBS version. I have Win95 and Office 98 installed...
Where can I look up the version of VBS??

3) The template was created and is being automated with Word98.

4) I've posted this message on the outlook.program_forms newsgroup; the only
reply I got told me to use strFieldName.Value instead of just strFieldName,
but I haven't tried that one yet...

You got any ideas for me???

Thanks!!!!!!!

Quote:

>1) Post a stripped down word template and some sample vbscript code that

reproduces the problem.
Quote:
>Without code examples that illustrate the problem, it will be hard for

anyone to duplicate your
Quote:
>problem.

>2) What version of the VBScript is installed?

>3) What version of Word was the template created with and what version of

Word is being automated?
Quote:

>4) Have you posted this problem to a microsoft.public.outlook.* or

microsoft.public.word.*
Quote:
>newsgroup?

>--
>Michael Harris

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Outlook 98 - Print Forms using Word and VBScripting
I found a solution!!!!! I'm using an ActiveX addin I found over here:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/7/78.ASP

It works perfectly with my custom form and takes a lot less time to put it
to work... too bad I hadn't found it before!!!

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Natalia

Tue, 13 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBScripting AppointmentItems out of Outlook 98

2. Adding menu items to custom forms using Outlook 98

3. ADO errors when using VBScript behind Outlook 98 forms

4. Starting word template from Outlook 98

5. Outlook 98 Forms

6. Formula Fields in Custom forms (Outlook 97-98)

7. Color of Button with Outlook 98 Forms

8. Outlook 98 Forms

9. Digital Signature in MS Outlook 98 forms

10. creating forms in Outlook 98

11. Help! VBScript in Outlook 98 Form

12. Color of Button with Outlook 98 Forms