How to write a control like ADO in VB
Author Message
 How to write a control like ADO in VB

Create a COM component.  Also known as an ActiveX Server Component.  Or OLE
Automation Server.  It's really easy to do in Visual Basic (or VC++, or
VJ++).  Check out the SBN site:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 26 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write a control like ADO in VB
How can I write a control like ADO that is used with ASP?

Is there any document on microsoft web site or some other where I can read
something about control-creation for asp. Is there anything special about
these controls ?

SALs//

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to write a control like ADO in VB
I am not sure what you mean my by a "control like ADO".  You can write a com
object using ADO to return data to a web page. in fact, this is the best way
(IMHO) to get data to a web page. Most of the sites I do need to work in
many browsers so I limit the controls in the browser.

I normaly write thr data access and business rules in VB COM objects and use
them in ASP. I make the ASP very thin, most of the code is error checking
since ASP is so bad at this.

hope this helps

Scott Ocamb
Consultant Search Service - www.searchcon.com
CSS is a database of independent consultants. Any projects you get
become your direct client. Registration is completly free for consultants

Quote:

>How can I write a control like ADO that is used with ASP?

>Is there any document on microsoft web site or some other where I can read
>something about control-creation for asp. Is there anything special about
>these controls ?

>SALs//

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to write a control like ADO in VB

2. Print via VB-Script ActiveX-Control in VB-Application

3. MS Scripting Control to Add controls to VB project at runtime

4. Visual Liking in .Net using TREE VIEW control

5. no one likes the DATA CONTROL

6. Anybody writes something to EXCEL using ADO?

7. ADO Stream Write

8. ADO dsn-less read / write database access

9. Something wrong in my ADO writing?

10. ADO Blob to file (script control)

11. Using Different Versions of ActiveX Controls (ADO)

12. Using The MS InterDev ADO RecordSet Data Control