Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain 
Author Message
 Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain

Hi

It's possible to add/join a computer to a Windows 2000 domain whit a script
(VB or WSH), and if!  how?

regards

Nikolai Andersen, Denmark 25/10-2000



Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT  
 Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain
Nikolai,

I asked the same question about a fortnight ago, and haven't received a
reply, so I am guessing it is not something which can be done easily
'purely' in script.

As a workaround, I have used my script to call the NetDom resource kit tool
to do the job instead.

Hope this helps

Duncan


Quote:
> Hi

> It's possible to add/join a computer to a Windows 2000 domain whit a
script
> (VB or WSH), and if!  how?

> regards

> Nikolai Andersen, Denmark 25/10-2000




Tue, 15 Apr 2003 05:55:18 GMT  
 Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain

Hi All,

 I simpyl cannot answer everything :-)   [cannot remember to that question].

I append a pair of experimental scripts which I added/removed computers to a
NT4 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) domain successfully.

Hope, this helps.

Best regards,
Manfred Braun

(Private)
Lange Roetterstrasse 7
D68167 Mannheim
Germany


(Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)


Quote:
> Nikolai,

> I asked the same question about a fortnight ago, and haven't received a
> reply, so I am guessing it is not something which can be done easily
> 'purely' in script.

> As a workaround, I have used my script to call the NetDom resource kit
tool
> to do the job instead.

> Hope this helps

> Duncan



> > Hi

> > It's possible to add/join a computer to a Windows 2000 domain whit a
> script
> > (VB or WSH), and if!  how?

> > regards

> > Nikolai Andersen, Denmark 25/10-2000


  DeleteComputerAccount01.vbs
< 1K Download

  CreateComputerAccount01.vbs
< 1K Download


Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:20:39 GMT  
 Add/join computer to Windows 2000 domain
Thanks for your help Manfred,

the scripts you kindly sent add a computer account to the Domain, but they
do not (as far as I can tell) actually add/join the computer to the domain
... and I think (although it is not 100% clear) that is what the original
post was seeking

any help is always gratefully appreciated though :-)


Quote:
> Hi All,

>  I simpyl cannot answer everything :-)   [cannot remember to that
question].

> I append a pair of experimental scripts which I added/removed computers to
a
> NT4 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) domain successfully.

> Hope, this helps.

> Best regards,
> Manfred Braun

> (Private)
> Lange Roetterstrasse 7
> D68167 Mannheim
> Germany


> (Remove the anti-spam-underscore to mail me!)



> > Nikolai,

> > I asked the same question about a fortnight ago, and haven't received a
> > reply, so I am guessing it is not something which can be done easily
> > 'purely' in script.

> > As a workaround, I have used my script to call the NetDom resource kit
> tool
> > to do the job instead.

> > Hope this helps

> > Duncan



> > > Hi

> > > It's possible to add/join a computer to a Windows 2000 domain whit a
> > script
> > > (VB or WSH), and if!  how?

> > > regards

> > > Nikolai Andersen, Denmark 25/10-2000




Tue, 22 Apr 2003 06:32:14 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Join a Win 2000 Professional to Win 2000 Domain

2. Retrieving Bios version from computers in a windows 2000 domain

3. Adding a Domain Global group to a machine local group in Windows 2000

4. Join Computer to a Domain

5. Replicating a Windows 2000 Domain

6. Logging on to an NT Domain in Windows 2000

7. Query Left Join Causes Access to crash only in Windows 2000

8. Restricting printing use on Windows 2000 domain

9. Windows NT Machine, join Domain through VBS

10. Join Workgroup then join domain, via WSH?

11. Adding/Deleting users to windows 2000 Database

12. Adding a local printer port in windows 2000

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software