Add, view, and update certificates in IIS with ADSI?
Author Message
 Add, view, and update certificates in IIS with ADSI?

Is there a way to Add, view, and change certificates in IIS with ADSI using
VBScript/asp?

How can this be done?

Brian

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:22:10 GMT
 Add, view, and update certificates in IIS with ADSI?
crap.. meant to add adsi.general, not asp.db sorry.

Quote:
> Is there a way to Add, view, and change certificates in IIS with ADSI
using
> vbscript/asp?

> How can this be done?

> Brian

Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:32:09 GMT
 Add, view, and update certificates in IIS with ADSI?

Quote:

> Is there a way to Add, view, and change certificates in IIS with ADSI using
> vbscript/asp?

> How can this be done?

A google newsgroup search didn't come up with much, but there are acouple of
undocumented properties called SSLCertHash and SSLStoreName.

Subject: SSL Server Certificate
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis
Date: 2002-04-29 04:47:31 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&th=fe45dab4e73c8fbc

A search for all threads containing SSLCertHash and SSLStoreName:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=SSLCertHash%20SSLStoreName

I don't know about ADSI and certificate install, but here is some info about
installing certificates on a more genaral basis:

Introducing CAPICOM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnse...

At Mitch Gallants site http://home.istar.ca/~neutron/wsh/ you will find some
examples of use:

CAPICOM 2 certificate store & key container enumeration
CAPICOM 2 change certificate friendly name
CAPICOM certificate store lister

Alternatively, you can use the command line utility certmgr.exe, a
cryptoAPI/Authenticode tool from MS (and also Certutil.exe I suppose).

To add a certificate to the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" in
localMachine:

certmgr.exe -add -c "<cert-file>" -s -r localMachine root

More information can be found here:

******* Certmgr.exe *******
Download certmgr.exe from:
Authenticode for Internet Explorer 5.0
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?...

Certificate Manager Tool (Certmgr.exe)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpto...

Using CertMgr
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secu...

******* Certutil.exe *******
Using Certutil.exe to Manage and Troubleshoot Certificate Services
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/administration/security...

Using the Certificate Services Command-Line Programs
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/techinfo/reskit/en/Distrib/dscj_...

http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWS2000/en/server/help/sag_cs_CertUtil2.htm

--
torgeir

Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:22:40 GMT

1. Managing server certificates on IIS servers programmatically

2. Require client certificate in IIS

3. Server certificates in IIS 4

4. Install certificate at IIS 5.o

5. install certificate at IIS 5.0

6. Server certificates in IIS 4

7. Server certificates in IIS 4

8. View a Web Certificate in VB

9. Viewing Certificate Details frrom VB ?

10. Create a new IIS site using ADSI

11. Certificate Server, Certificates & Word 2000 Macro Signing

12. How can I add certificate to outgoing mail?