Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"
Author Message
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"

This is a new error for me - can anyone point me in the right direction?
Details below.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Operation must use an updateable query.

COMMENTS:
The Update command is being applied to a table, 'Accom', not a query. There
is a query called 'AccomWeb', but I can't see why it would confuse them.
Created in Access 2000, running on NT4 Server.

CODE:
set conn = server.createobject ("adodb.connection")
conn.open strDataSource
SQL1= "UPDATE Accom  SET Type= '"& strType &"', Children= '"& strChildren
&"', PURailway= '"& strPURailway &"', Built= '"& intBuilt &"', Description=
'"& strDescription &"' WHERE CompanyID= "& intCompanyID &" "
Response.write "SQL1= "& SQL1
conn.execute SQL1

Thanks in advance.
--
Yours sincerely
David Martin

Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:24:18 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"
One possibility is that "Type" is a reserved word and may be causing
difficulties.  Try "...Set [Type] = ..."

I would troubleshoot this by copying the SQL wirtten to the page from your
Response.write statement into the Access SQL window and see what errors or
problems you encounter - sometimes you get a more meaningful message this
way.

If that's not possible, post the SQL here and maybe someone will have an
idea.

Keri

Quote:
> This is a new error for me - can anyone point me in the right direction?
> Details below.

> ERROR MESSAGE:
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
> Operation must use an updateable query.

> COMMENTS:
> The Update command is being applied to a table, 'Accom', not a query.
There
> is a query called 'AccomWeb', but I can't see why it would confuse them.
> Created in Access 2000, running on NT4 Server.

> CODE:
> set conn = server.createobject ("adodb.connection")
> conn.open strDataSource
> SQL1= "UPDATE Accom  SET Type= '"& strType &"', Children= '"& strChildren
> &"', PURailway= '"& strPURailway &"', Built= '"& intBuilt &"',
Description=
> '"& strDescription &"' WHERE CompanyID= "& intCompanyID &" "
> Response.write "SQL1= "& SQL1
> conn.execute SQL1

> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Yours sincerely
> David Martin
> Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
> Currently Seeking Work - Sydney, Australia
> http://info.mountains.net.au/david

> Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
> http://info.mountains.net.au

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 01:48:27 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"
See this MS-KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q175/1/68.
ASP

Nathan Ernst

Quote:

&" "
>Response.write "SQL1= "& SQL1
>conn.execute SQL1

>Thanks in advance.
>--
>Yours sincerely
>David Martin
>Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
>Currently Seeking Work - Sydney, Australia
>http://info.mountains.net.au/david

>Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains
information
>http://info.mountains.net.au

>.

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 02:29:43 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"
look on www.aspfaqs.com - you'll kick yourself.

Atrax

http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/
http://www.sydneypubguide.net/
http://www.atrax.ws/

me : "RTFM"
you : "duh?"

do not reply by email

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:19:16 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Error: "Operation must use an updateable query"
It is a permissions error - The USR_XXXX account must have write permission
to the directory that contains your Access MDB file

Quote:
> This is a new error for me - can anyone point me in the right direction?
> Details below.

> ERROR MESSAGE:
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
> Operation must use an updateable query.

> COMMENTS:
> The Update command is being applied to a table, 'Accom', not a query.
There
> is a query called 'AccomWeb', but I can't see why it would confuse them.
> Created in Access 2000, running on NT4 Server.

> CODE:
> set conn = server.createobject ("adodb.connection")
> conn.open strDataSource
> SQL1= "UPDATE Accom  SET Type= '"& strType &"', Children= '"& strChildren
> &"', PURailway= '"& strPURailway &"', Built= '"& intBuilt &"',
Description=
> '"& strDescription &"' WHERE CompanyID= "& intCompanyID &" "
> Response.write "SQL1= "& SQL1
> conn.execute SQL1

> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Yours sincerely
> David Martin
> Web Developer - FrontPage, ASP, Access
> Currently Seeking Work - Sydney, Australia
> http://info.mountains.net.au/david

> Info Blue Mountains - mountains of Blue Mountains information
> http://info.mountains.net.au

Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:25:35 GMT

1. "must use updateable query" Question

2. Operation must use an updateable query. Error 3073

3. mdb/sql error: Operation must use an updateable query

4. "Operation must use an updateable query" error

5. Does .net cause the error "Operation must use an updateable query" ?

6. Equivalent "FindNext" operation using RDO

7. Operation Must be an updateable query?

8. DOCVARIABLE not "updateable" (F9)

9. Export "Query Text" using VBA

10. Update Query "Not Updatable" Error

11. trap "#Error" in query

12. Operation must use an updateable query.