remote scripting and personal web server
Author Message
 remote scripting and personal web server

Is it possible to use remote scripting with Microsoft personal web server?

Every time I run my code, it crashes on
"<script language="JScript">RSEnableRemoteScripting("..");</script>".

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

kenan

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 remote scripting and personal web server
I successfully used remote scripting on Personal Web Server 4.0
(Windows NT).

I basically copied the example at
http://asptoday.com/articles/19990930.htm

I found remote scripting to be very sensitive and difficult to run. I
remember issues relating to calling an existing VBScript procedure from
the command, which had to be jscript if my memory is correct. I
ultimately stopped using remote scripting because it was too much
trouble.

Quote:

--
Erik Slotboom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 remote scripting and personal web server

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 remote scripting and personal web server
hi guys

i had similar problems like you with remote scripting
i tried e few examples from net and most of them didnt work
i found one working but was so simple which just return the parameter
passed to the remote scripting function
but it half of the success
and most of the authors dont use SOM and DTC objects, just pure ASP code

when i tried to change this example and add some code checking the database
if the user id and password is correct it wasnt work, it was very odd, it
drove me mad
but after studing a lot of articles in net i resolved it

i created 2 files, login.htm and chlogin.asp
login.htm contents textfield, pasword field and button
so when the user enter the userid and password and press the button
this 2 values(userid and password) are pass to remote scripting function in
chlogin.asp file

in chlogin.asp the function check_user check the database for this specific
user id and password
and return the value - number of records founded in database if its zero its
mean
there is no valid user , if its more than zero its mean u have a big mass in
your database ;)
so when remote script finish his job and return the value i check this value
in login.htm
and display message if the user is NOT valid or navigate him to next page if
is valid

so this is a typical example where most users would like use remote
scripting
to check something without leaving the current page

i use Microsoft InterDev 6.0 with Service Pack 3.0 ( i didnt tested this
without SP3)
i use WIN98Second Edition in home and i tested it on WIN NT 4.0
in both cases i use PWS

of course i use SOM (scripting object model)
i exposed my remote scripting function using PageObject from DTC
and i use RecordSet (DTC too) to connect to database and
 i use SQL SELECT * ..... to find the specific user id and password in my
database
and i dont change any line of code in RS.HTM file or RS.ASP
and i use vbscript in chlogin.asp file

write me and email if you r interesitng in RS so i can send this example on
newsgroup

have a nice day
przem

Sat, 26 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ASP works on Personal Web Server, but not on remote server

2. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

3. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

4. Question: Debugging scripts with MS Visual interDev 6.0 on Personal Web Server

5. Server side pages on Personal Web Server

6. Global.asa on Personal Web Server

7. Personal Web Server and ASP

8. Personal Web Server

9. Need help with personal Web server

10. Personal Web Server

11. asp pages w/personal web server???

12. ADSI compatible with Personal Web Server?