IE Address Bar Length
Author Message
 IE Address Bar Length

I have determined that the maximum number of characters typed into the
address bar in IE 5.0 is around 2000.

Is there away around the maximum number of characters?  For example:
If I am submitting from a TEXTAREA field with 3000 characters, how do I
prevent that field from getting cut off when the maximum number of
characters is reached?

Thanks

JD

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:30:30 GMT
 IE Address Bar Length

JD, how about using the POST method instead of the GET method in your form?
That way, the data from your TEXTAREA does not get sent via the address bar
but instead, gets sent through the Request stream.  Just a thought, as I
don't know exactly what you're trying to accomplish.

Chris Ludlow

Quote:

> I have determined that the maximum number of characters typed into the
> address bar in IE 5.0 is around 2000.

> Is there away around the maximum number of characters?  For example:
> If I am submitting from a TEXTAREA field with 3000 characters, how do I
> prevent that field from getting cut off when the maximum number of
> characters is reached?

> Thanks

> JD

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sat, 07 Jun 2003 04:14:01 GMT

1. How can Capture the info @ IE address BAR

2. How can Capture the info @ IE address BAR

3. Grab IE Address Bar url

4. How can Capture the info @ IE address BAR

5. How can Capture the info @ IE address BAR

6. How can Capture the info @ IE address BAR

7. HELP! - need address in address bar

8. Nubee Needs Help I.E. Current http Address

9. Open Browser without Menu, Nav or Address Bars

10. Retrive information from address bar

11. Help-Chage Address bar Icon

12. Address Bar drop-down list