C++ COM Object in ASP Page
Author Message
 C++ COM Object in ASP Page

After creating an instance of a C++ COM object in my ASP page, I have the
following successes and failures:

1. Assign the value of the object's member variable to a local variable in
VBScript - succeeds;
2. Call a member function that DOES NOT take any arguments - succeeds;
3. Call a member function that  DOES take a single argument - fails.

Can anyone advise me as to why #3 would fail when #1 and #2 are succeeding?

Here's the C++ code for the member function:

STDMETHODIMP CFMgr::put_SchedDate(DATE newVal)
{
 AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState())

 // Retrieve the scheduled date
 m_SchedDate = newVal;

 return S_OK;

Quote:
}

And here's the VBScript that calls the member function:

Set objTest = Server.CreateObject ... (you get the picture)
i = CDate("04/24/2000")
objTest.put_SchedDDate i

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Jim

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing an Array object to a C++ COM object

2. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter

3. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as Parameter

4. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

5. IIS4 No Longer Shows Error Messages In ASP Pages or COM Objects

6. Performance of ASP pages calling COM object methods

7. Passing an Array from a COM Object to an ASP Page

8. Passing Object Ref from asp page to com

9. Printing Problem from ASP Page via VB COM Object

10. Pass processing from asp page to COM object

11. How to reference a connection established on an ASP page from a COM object

12. Performance of ASP pages calling COM object methods