error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO
Author Message
 error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

Most of us will not take the chance of opening an attachment, so if you
could extract just the relevant piece of code from the file and post it in
the body of your reply to this, that would help.

Bob Barrows

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:30:30 GMT
 error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO
Sorry Bob...  thanks for the tip.

Here is the heart of it:

Build="(Price > 0) AND (Price < 10001)"
if len(Build)>0 then
  rs.Filter = Build
end if

That way, I only filter *if* the string that I build (based on user selected
pull-downs)
has anything in it.

Price is a field that has the variable type of Long Int.
What gets me is, why does it work the first time, but not
on subsequent passes thru?

Thanks - any tips would be greatly appreciated.

-Joel

Quote:
> Most of us will not take the chance of opening an attachment, so if you
> could extract just the relevant piece of code from the file and post it in
> the body of your reply to this, that would help.

> Bob Barrows

Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:57:45 GMT

1. error doing a FILTER on an Access database via Asp/VBScript and ADO

2. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

3. no permission to view access database via asp(using ado)

4. VB Script error when Inserting records via ADO w/Access Database

5. Opening an Access database with ADO connection and VBScript

6. Access on a MS-Access-database with an ADO-Object in Jscript

7. How to Copy table in Access database via vbscript

8. connecting to an access database via VBScript

9. Update Access Database via VBScript

10. Passing Parameter to Access via ASP and ADO

11. Weird ASP error when trying to add a new record to a MS Access database

12. Access Database Error (ASP)