Help with MS Script Editor
Author Message
 Help with MS Script Editor

I am an experienced Visual Basic programmer. I am trying to develop a
web page that contains an activex control and a (client-side) VBScript
(to be used on a private LAN only with IE only). I created the initial
version of this page using Front Page 2K.

I stumbled into what I thought was MSE when my script generated an
error and it asked me if I wanted to debug. I said yes and found
myself in an editor where I could do all sorts of debugging, single
stepping, etc. much like what I'm used to in VB. I THINK this was MSE.
I found the program and created a shortcut on my desktop. But then,
when I used it again (to open an .HTM file or "debug" my way into it)
it behaved differently - not allowing me to do the single-stepping,
for instance. Later, I shut down and did some other things. When I
started up MSE again and loaded the page, it instead RAN the page in
IE. Now I can't even edit the page!

Any idea what I'm up against here? What do I have to do to get back to
the original, full function editor I had at first? Was it MSE?

FWIW, the machine I'm working on is running Office 2000 Premium on NT4
and has Visual Basic 5 (not 6) on it. Any advice or suggestion will be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Martin

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS Script Editor - Uses of

2. MS script editor question!

3. MS Script Editor

4. MS Script Editor & hta files

5. problems using MS Script Editor

6. outlook forms script editor - execute VBA editor modules

7. Script edit control or programmable script editor??

8. Can't open data control in MS Visual Basic Editor for MS project

9. MS DHTML Editor adding image problem...

10. MS DHTML editor example