getting operating system info
Author Message
 getting operating system info

Does anyone know how to use VBScript to get the name of the operating
system?  I need to know if the user is using Win 9x, Win NT, or Win
2000.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 getting operating system info
Through what? An webpage or a vbs file?
Web page:
Navigator.Platform should give you info about the OS.
If a vbs, then I don't know.

Hope thats what you wanted
Dominic Marks

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to use vbscript to get the name of the operating
> system?  I need to know if the user is using Win 9x, Win NT, or Win
> 2000.

> Thanks.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 getting operating system info
Sorry, I should have been more clear in my question.  I am trying to
determine what OS the person is using through vb script in a MS Outlook
form.  Anybody have any ideas?

Quote:
> Through what? An webpage or a vbs file?
> Web page:
> Navigator.Platform should give you info about the OS.
> If a vbs, then I don't know.

> Hope thats what you wanted
> Dominic Marks

Quote:
> > Does anyone know how to use vbscript to get the name of the
operating
> > system?  I need to know if the user is using Win 9x, Win NT, or Win
> > 2000.

> > Thanks.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 getting operating system info
Not Really,
You say in Outlook, an e-mail in outlook or a piece of VBA script. have you
got VB? Maybe there's a feature in the Outlook Object Model, or just
generally through Outlook, I don't have outlook so I can't help w/ the
Object Model.

Good Luck
Dominic Marks

Quote:

> Sorry, I should have been more clear in my question.  I am trying to
> determine what OS the person is using through vb script in a MS Outlook
> form.  Anybody have any ideas?

> > Through what? An webpage or a vbs file?
> > Web page:
> > Navigator.Platform should give you info about the OS.
> > If a vbs, then I don't know.

> > Hope thats what you wanted
> > Dominic Marks

> > > Does anyone know how to use vbscript to get the name of the
> operating
> > > system?  I need to know if the user is using Win 9x, Win NT, or Win
> > > 2000.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Wed, 12 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Obtaining Info from Operating System

2. Operating System & Windows 2000 Language Info

3. Operating System and User profile info?

4. Getting operating system font size..

5. Getting Operating System Information

6. Getting System Info

7. Getting System and device Info through vbscript

8. Getting System Info.

9. Help with getting system info

10. Getting system info

11. Q: Getting system clock info- in milliseconds?

12. Getting Call Back info from System Tray