Please help - Email !
Author Message
 Please help - Email !

Hello,

I can send successfully email from my webhost using a perl script in the
CGI-BIN with something along the following lines (please don't waste
your time reviewing the code, I only included it to try to explain how I
am currently doing it)...

sub psendmail
{
   open( EZMAIL, "|/bin/easymail -t" ) or return 1;
   print EZMAIL "From: ", $form->param('from'), "\nTo: ",
$form->param('to'), \n";
   print EZMAIL "Subject: ", $form->param('subject'), "\n";
   print EZMAIL "Cc: ", $form->param('cc'), "\n"            if (
$form->param('cc') );
   # Process all other fields as part of the DATA area of message
   foreach my $test ( $form->param )
   {
      next if $test =~ /^to|from|subject|body|replyto|cc|bcc|org|pri$/;
      print EZMAIL $form->param( $test ), "\n"        if defined(
$form->param( $test ) );
   }
   close( EZMAIL );
   return 0;

Quote:
}

Can you offer some help as to how I would go about doing the same in
VBScrip in an ASP file as I find the perl inflexible (as I do not
understand it as well as ASP etc).  My head is sore from banging it on
the desk whilst trying all derivations of the...

Set SMTP = CreateObject("EZMAIL","|/bin/easymail -t")

etc
SMTP.Send

Please - Anyone got any experience of this ?  Thanx in advance.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:00:26 GMT
 Please help - Email !
If your web host is NT or Windows 2000 and the SMTP service is installed you
can use CDO to send mail .

set objEmail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objEmail.To = "Email_Address_1;Email_Address_2;etc."
objEmail.From = "Email_Address"
objEmail.Subject = "Subject Goes Here"
objEmail.Body = "Message Goes Here"
objEmail.send
set objEmail = nothing

Regards, Dave

Quote:
> Hello,

> I can send successfully email from my webhost using a perl script in the
> CGI-BIN with something along the following lines (please don't waste
> your time reviewing the code, I only included it to try to explain how I
> am currently doing it)...

> sub psendmail
> {
>    open( EZMAIL, "|/bin/easymail -t" ) or return 1;
>    print EZMAIL "From: ", $form->param('from'), "\nTo: ",
> $form->param('to'), \n";
>    print EZMAIL "Subject: ", $form->param('subject'), "\n";
>    print EZMAIL "Cc: ", $form->param('cc'), "\n"            if (
> $form->param('cc') );
>    # Process all other fields as part of the DATA area of message
>    foreach my $test ( $form->param )
>    {
>       next if $test =~ /^to|from|subject|body|replyto|cc|bcc|org|pri$/;
>       print EZMAIL $form->param( $test ), "\n"        if defined(
> $form->param( $test ) );
>    }
>    close( EZMAIL );
>    return 0;
> }

> Can you offer some help as to how I would go about doing the same in
> VBScrip in an ASP file as I find the perl inflexible (as I do not
> understand it as well as ASP etc).  My head is sore from banging it on
> the desk whilst trying all derivations of the...

> Set SMTP = CreateObject("EZMAIL","|/bin/easymail -t")

> etc
> SMTP.Send

> Please - Anyone got any experience of this ?  Thanx in advance.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help - Email !

CreateObject uses COM objects. This Perl EZMAIL is most likely NOT
a COM object.

In NT/Windows land, CDONTS is typically used for sending out mail
server side, but CDONTS has to be installed on the server, which
it may not be.

Check with your hoster if they have CDONTS.dll available and
registered.

-Chad

Quote:
> Hello,

> I can send successfully email from my webhost using a perl script in the
> CGI-BIN with something along the following lines (please don't waste
> your time reviewing the code, I only included it to try to explain how I
> am currently doing it)...

> sub psendmail
> {
>    open( EZMAIL, "|/bin/easymail -t" ) or return 1;
>    print EZMAIL "From: ", $form->param('from'), "\nTo: ",
> $form->param('to'), \n";
>    print EZMAIL "Subject: ", $form->param('subject'), "\n";
>    print EZMAIL "Cc: ", $form->param('cc'), "\n"            if (
> $form->param('cc') );
>    # Process all other fields as part of the DATA area of message
>    foreach my $test ( $form->param )
>    {
>       next if $test =~ /^to|from|subject|body|replyto|cc|bcc|org|pri$/;
>       print EZMAIL $form->param( $test ), "\n"        if defined(
> $form->param( $test ) );
>    }
>    close( EZMAIL );
>    return 0;
> }

> Can you offer some help as to how I would go about doing the same in
> VBScrip in an ASP file as I find the perl inflexible (as I do not
> understand it as well as ASP etc).  My head is sore from banging it on
> the desk whilst trying all derivations of the...

> Set SMTP = CreateObject("EZMAIL","|/bin/easymail -t")

> etc
> SMTP.Send

> Please - Anyone got any experience of this ?  Thanx in advance.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

2. how to send notification email when new email arrives (help needed, please)

3. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

4. Please. Please Help with VB5 MSN and Email

5. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

6. encoding Email problem - Please help

7. Please help with email question

8. Email Encoding Problem - ASPMAIL / Please help

9. help on automatic email responder please!

10. ~EMAIL~ Please Help

11. ~Email~ PLEASE HELP

12. Please I need email form help