Windows 2000 shutdown script ?
Author Message
 Windows 2000 shutdown script ?

Hello all,

Is there a way to shutdown the computer by running a script

Cheers

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:37:14 GMT
 Windows 2000 shutdown script ?
<clare> says:

Quote:
>Is there a way to shutdown the computer by running a script

Yes.
http://www.wshscripting.com/info.asp?id=1098

----------
Randy Hunt

Please let Microsoft know that we don't like the new MSDN:
http://register.microsoft.com/contactus30/feedback40.asp?FU=http%3A%2...

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 12:48:25 GMT
 Windows 2000 shutdown script ?
yes this is the script which will just shut down your
computer running on windows 2000

<---------script starts here------------------------------>

         Private Type LUID
         UsedPart As Long
         IgnoredForNowHigh32BitPart As Long
      End Type

      Private Type TOKEN_PRIVILEGES
         PrivilegeCount As Long
         TheLuid As LUID
         Attributes As Long
      End Type

      ' Beginning of Code
      Private Const EWX_SHUTDOWN As Long = 1
      Private Const EWX_FORCE As Long = 4
      Private Const EWX_REBOOT = 2

      Private Declare Function ExitWindowsEx Lib "user32"
( _
         ByVal dwOptions As Long, ByVal dwReserved As
Long) As Long

      Private Declare Function GetCurrentProcess
Lib "kernel32" () As Long
      Private Declare Function OpenProcessToken
Lib "advapi32" ( _
         ByVal ProcessHandle As Long, ByVal DesiredAccess
As Long, _
         TokenHandle As Long) As Long
      Private Declare Function LookupPrivilegeValue
Lib "advapi32" _
         Alias "LookupPrivilegeValueA" (ByVal lpSystemName
As String, _
         ByVal lpName As String, lpLuid As LUID) As Long
      Private Declare Function AdjustTokenPrivileges
Lib "advapi32" ( _
         ByVal TokenHandle As Long, ByVal
DisableAllPrivileges As Long, _
         NewState As TOKEN_PRIVILEGES, ByVal BufferLength
As Long, _
         PreviousState As TOKEN_PRIVILEGES, ReturnLength
As Long) As Long
      Private Sub AdjustToken()

         Const TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES = &H20
         Const TOKEN_QUERY = &H8
         Const SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED = &H2
         Dim hdlProcessHandle As Long
         Dim hdlTokenHandle As Long
         Dim tmpLuid As LUID
         Dim tkp As TOKEN_PRIVILEGES
         Dim tkpNewButIgnored As TOKEN_PRIVILEGES
         Dim lBufferNeeded As Long

         hdlProcessHandle = GetCurrentProcess()
         OpenProcessToken hdlProcessHandle,
(TOKEN_ADJUST_PRIVILEGES Or _
            TOKEN_QUERY), hdlTokenHandle

         ' Get the LUID for shutdown privilege.
         LookupPrivilegeValue "", "SeShutdownPrivilege",
tmpLuid

         tkp.PrivilegeCount = 1    ' One privilege to set
         tkp.TheLuid = tmpLuid
         tkp.Attributes = SE_PRIVILEGE_ENABLED

         ' Enable the shutdown privilege in the access
token of this
         ' process.
         AdjustTokenPrivileges hdlTokenHandle, False, tkp,
_
            Len(tkpNewButIgnored), tkpNewButIgnored,
lBufferNeeded

      End Sub

      Private Sub form_load()
         AdjustToken
         ExitWindowsEx (EWX_SHUTDOWN Or EWX_FORCE Or
EWX_REBOOT), &HFFFF
      End Sub

<----------------------------------------script ends here->

Quote:

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:33:46 GMT

1. Windows 2000 Automated Shutdown

2. Windows 2000 Pro - Shutdown/Restart PC

3. Windows Script 5.5 Beta 1 setup for Windows 2000 available

4. Windows Script 5.5 Beta 1 setup for Windows 2000 available

5. Script to Mute Sound - Windows 2000 and Windows XP Systems

6. Windows 2000 + Shutdown

7. shutdown windows 2000...

8. Reboot/shutdown de system width Windows 2000

9. Windows 2000, VB Script, Visual InterDev and SQL Server 7

10. Install Printer with script on Windows 2000 Print Server

11. Windows 2000 Scripting Guide

12. schedule vb script in Windows 2000