Windows Installer--VBScript Custom Action
Author Message
 Windows Installer--VBScript Custom Action

I'm stumped.  Whenever I call a VBScript (stored in binary table) Custom
Action from within an msi file, I get the following error:

"Internal Error 2740. TestVBScript, -2146827864"

The test script is just a single WScript.Echo line.

According to the MSI SDK, this error code means the following: "Custom
action [2] script error [3], [4]: [5] Line [6], Column [7], [8] ".  Does
anybody know what this error REALLY means?

--DF

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows Installer--VBScript Custom Action
-2146827864 = 0x800A01A8

The 0x800A part indicates an unhandled VBScript runtime error.

The 01A8 part (the actual error code) is decimal 424 (Object required).

There is no WScript object because WSH isn't the host for the script, the installer is.  Use a
MsgBox instead...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

I'm stumped.  Whenever I call a VBScript (stored in binary table) Custom
Action from within an msi file, I get the following error:

"Internal Error 2740. TestVBScript, -2146827864"

The test script is just a single WScript.Echo line.

According to the MSI SDK, this error code means the following: "Custom
action [2] script error [3], [4]: [5] Line [6], Column [7], [8] ".  Does
anybody know what this error REALLY means?

--DF

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VBScript Code Repositories for MSI custom actions?

2. VBScript Code Repositories for MSI custom actions?

3. Windows Installer or Script based installer????

4. VBS executed by MSI as a Custom Action

5. wscript.sleep in a custom action

6. Update: [Isolated] Custom Action code not getting processed!

7. Custom Action

8. wscript.sleep in a custom action

9. Visual Studio Installer - custom directories

10. Visual Studio Installer -- Custom .exe file to be executed during installation

11. Using check boxes with custom installer

12. Executing an installation using script/Wise for Windows Installer