Help needed with ASP and recordset
Author Message
 Help needed with ASP and recordset

I'm trying to get this code to write a user id and password to a database.
The functions generate the user id and password just fine, the problem is
it's not writing to the database.  This code is on an ASP page and is
writing to an Access db.  Thanks.

Rob

Set objConnection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRecordset = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
objConnection.Open "members", "", ""
Set objRecordset = objConnection.Execute ("Select * FROM tblAddresses Where
tblAddresses.LastName = '" & Request("lname") & "'")

If Not objRecordset.eof Then

'Create variables
 FirstName = Request.Form("fname")
 LastName = Request.Form("lname")
 tempFirstName = FirstName

 x = UserID (FirstName, LastName)
   x = UserID

 y = Password ()
 y = Password

 'Update objRecordset with UserID and Password
 objRecordset.edit
 objRecordset.UserID = x
 objRecordset.Password = y
 objRecordset.update

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help needed with ASP and recordset
edit does not exist with ADO

use this...

objRecordset.update(Array("userid", "password"), Array(x, y))

Quote:
>I'm trying to get this code to write a user id and password to a database.
>The functions generate the user id and password just fine, the problem is
>it's not writing to the database.  This code is on an ASP page and is
>writing to an Access db.  Thanks.

Sat, 03 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help needed with connection for recordset in MS Access

2. Need Help With Recordset Timeout

3. creating a recordset from 3 values using VBScript - need help

4. Need help passing SQL Statement to Next and Previous pages for Recordset Paging

5. Function returning disconnected recordset, need help.

6. HELP: Updateable ADO Recordset in ASP Page

7. PLEASE HELP with recordset syntax in ASP

8. help: vb com/asp recordset

9. PLEASE HELP with recordset syntax in ASP

10. Help with ADO recordset in ASP

11. ASP Trainers - Atlanta Tech program needs ASP Trainers

12. Announcement: ASP Forums, for all your ASP discussion needs