MsgBox gives permission denied?!?
Author Message
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?

I've noticed that a couple things that should work
generate errors. One is when I try it use MsgBox in my
VBScript I get a 'Permission Denied'.
Another thing I've noticed is if I make a loop that take
longer than say 15 seconds, I get an error that my script
was aborted because it took too long.

I've intergrated VBScript into my appliaction via the
Scripting Control.

Are there configuration or permission issues I need to
address? My scripts run fine otherwise.

Thank you,
Luke

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 13:48:59 GMT
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?
Hi Luke.

I guess you're in server-side. It that's the case, msgbox is unthinkable.
For the second part of your question, you can set server.scriptTimeout to
longer than the default value. Hope I understand your situation properly.

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Quote:
> I've noticed that a couple things that should work
> generate errors. One is when I try it use MsgBox in my
> VBScript I get a 'Permission Denied'.
> Another thing I've noticed is if I make a loop that take
> longer than say 15 seconds, I get an error that my script
> was aborted because it took too long.

> I've intergrated VBScript into my appliaction via the
> Scripting Control.

> Are there configuration or permission issues I need to
> address? My scripts run fine otherwise.

> Thank you,
> Luke

Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:13:14 GMT
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?
Hi Han,

No I'm not Server side. I'm using the Scripting Control to
add Automation to my Windows Program (lets pretend it's
Notepad.)

There is no HTML,PHP or other web wierdness involved, just
straight Win32 application automation.

So... given this new information, why can't I use msgbox?
If I run the same script from cscript.exe (the commandline
vbs interpreter) the msgbox works fine. (My loops don't
time out either.)

How do I set things up so my application has the same
behavior for msgbox and loops as CSCRIPT.EXE?

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 03:03:26 GMT
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?
Hi Luke

Then there can be some problems in the caller of the script or script
control. I've not experienced a problem when I use script control(following
example) from VB.

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim sc As ScriptControl
Set sc = New ScriptControl
sc.Language = "VBScript"

sc.AddCode "function f1: msgbox ""ok"": end function"
sc.Run "f1"
Set sc = Nothing
End Sub

--
Have a nice day.
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Korea

Quote:
> Hi Han,

> No I'm not Server side. I'm using the Scripting Control to
> add Automation to my Windows Program (lets pretend it's
> Notepad.)

> There is no HTML,PHP or other web wierdness involved, just
> straight Win32 application automation.

> So... given this new information, why can't I use msgbox?
> If I run the same script from cscript.exe (the commandline
> vbs interpreter) the msgbox works fine. (My loops don't
> time out either.)

> How do I set things up so my application has the same
> behavior for msgbox and loops as CSCRIPT.EXE?

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:04:32 GMT
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?

Quote:
> I've noticed that a couple things that should work
> generate errors. One is when I try it use MsgBox in my
> VBScript I get a 'Permission Denied'.
> Another thing I've noticed is if I make a loop that take
> longer than say 15 seconds, I get an error that my script
> was aborted because it took too long.

> I've intergrated VBScript into my appliaction via the
> Scripting Control.

> Are there configuration or permission issues I need to
> address? My scripts run fine otherwise.

When you create an instance of the script control, are you doing anything
explicit with the AllowUI and/or Timeout the properties of the script
control instance?

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 06:22:55 GMT
 MsgBox gives permission denied?!?

Quote:
>> Michael Harris Wrote:
>> When you create an instance of the script control, are
you doing anything
>> explicit with the AllowUI and/or Timeout the properties
of the script
>> control instance?

Thank's Michael, once again you hit the nail on the head.
That was exactly the info I needed!

Luke

Quote:

Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:50:51 GMT

1. copyFile gives permission denied

2. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

3. MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

4. MsgBox permission denied

5. Permission Denied when trying to use MsgBox or InputBox

6. Permission denied: 'msgbox'

7. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

8. Permission denied: 'MsgBox'

9. Permission denied: 'MsgBox' (NEWBIE)