Suppress Screen Saver
Author Message
 Suppress Screen Saver

I have seent that PowerPoint will suppress the Screen
Saver when it is showing a presentation.

I would like to be able to do something similar in
VBScript. Is there a way that the screen saver can be
disabled (by VBScript) when a page is displayed and then
re-enabled when the page is unloaded?

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:27:47 GMT
 Suppress Screen Saver

Quote:

> I have seent that PowerPoint will suppress the Screen
> Saver when it is showing a presentation.

> I would like to be able to do something similar in
> VBScript. Is there a way that the screen saver can be
> disabled (by VBScript) when a page is displayed and then
> re-enabled when the page is unloaded?

That requires a Win32 API call and script clients can't access the API
calls, only COM methods.  You'll need to write you own ActiveX wrpper for
the API call or use a generic 3rd party API wrapper like Jim Warrington's
'wsh API ToolKit'.

wsh Utilities and Scripts Home Page [Jim Warrington]
http://home.att.net/~wshvbs/index.htm

and scroll down to "Calling API's from Script (gasp!)...".

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:28:54 GMT

1. Screen Saver on top of Screen Saver problem

2. screen saver & screen 9

3. Using StretchBlt to capture screen image to screen saver preview pane

4. Shifting Screen screen saver?

5. Screen saver

6. Screen Saver

7. disable screen saver

8. Screen-Saver ---> EPS

9. WSH script to toggle screen saver on/off.

10. Screen Saver Disable

11. Disable Screen Saver

12. turn on/off screen saver?