Installing XPrint on each workstation
Author Message
 Installing XPrint on each workstation

Hello.  Recently, I loaded an active X control onto my computer.  XPrint
allows you to print out forms in Outlook the way in which they appear.

Now, I need to make this control available to multiple workstations.  Users
will be using the forms but will not need to design them. When I attempted
to place it on the server, the .ocx  control wouldn't register.   I need to
know if there is a way that I can do this without having to go to each
workstation.  Are ther supporting files it needs?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Rene Archer

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Installing XPrint on each workstation
You need to provide for users to install this control on their machines the same way you installed
it on yours.  I don't know of any OCXs that will run from a server unless the are hosted by
something like MTS.  ActiveX controls need to be registered on the machine where they execute and an
installation program generally takes care of that as well as any dependencies.  And that assumes
that this control doesn't require a runtime license.  The only host for script that I know of that
provides support for runtime licenses is IE.

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

Hello.  Recently, I loaded an active X control onto my computer.  XPrint
allows you to print out forms in Outlook the way in which they appear.

Now, I need to make this control available to multiple workstations.  Users
will be using the forms but will not need to design them. When I attempted
to place it on the server, the .ocx  control wouldn't register.   I need to
know if there is a way that I can do this without having to go to each
workstation.  Are ther supporting files it needs?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Rene Archer

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

2. Installing printers via vbscript onto an w95 workstation

3. Can VBScript under WinScriptHost connect to Access db without Access being installed on the workstation

4. Can you install WSH on a Windows NT Workstation

5. Install WSH on _ALL_ workstations?

6. Installing WSH on 1,000 workstations

7. Unable to install MS SQL Workstation

8. Installing Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Workstation

9. VB4 does not install on NT workstation

10. Installing MS SQL Workstation-- Help!!!

11. VS 6.0 and the SQL Workstation Install Option

12. Error 430 with some workstations on new install.