Install error - Can't find urlmon.dll
Author Message
 Install error - Can't find urlmon.dll

When install VBScript 5.5 on NT 4.0 Server FP5, I am getting error
   'The dynamic link library urlmon.dll could not be found in the path'

I do find this dll on my other machine with NT 4.0 + SP4.
Since this is a new machine I just set up not long ago, perhaps I need
to install some component.
Could anyone tell me what should I install to get the urlmon.dll ?

Thanks,
Laura Yen

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Install error - Can't find urlmon.dll

What version of IE is installed on the box?

snip from the WSH download page...

"...Users running Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 must have Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 or Internet
Explorer 4.0 installed before using these files. ..."

There is a redistributable for WinInet.dll and urlmon.dll but you'd be better of meeting the IE
installation minimum...

MSDN Online Tools - ActiveX Redistributables
http://msdn.microsoft.com/Downloads/sdks/ActiveXSDK/573.asp

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> When install VBScript 5.5 on NT 4.0 Server FP5, I am getting error
>    'The dynamic link library urlmon.dll could not be found in the path'

> I do find this dll on my other machine with NT 4.0 + SP4.
> Since this is a new machine I just set up not long ago, perhaps I need
> to install some component.
> Could anyone tell me what should I install to get the urlmon.dll ?

> Thanks,
> Laura Yen

Mon, 07 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. missin urlmon.dll : do you know this message ??

2. Urlmon.dll is missing

3. URLMON.dll

4. Can't Find obj Directory when Installing GhostScript on SGI

5. Installing OS/2 GS 3.53 - can't find Times

6. error 'can't find *.dll'

7. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

8. VB5 DLL Error - Can't Find Entry Point in ...dll

9. Install WSH - Error Registering OCX dispex.dll

10. error registering wshext.dll when installing Beta 2?

11. unable to find ghostscript version error in latex2html install in ms win2k

12. URLMON.DLL and WININET.DLL