Trouble with CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Author Message
 Trouble with CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

Does anyone know what I should look for in the way of security settings to
enable this to work on an NT 4.0 system? I am just creating a local .vbs
file that I am kicking off and I want to create a text file to log some of
the results.

I am getting the following error:
ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

I know that is pretty generic, but I think it is security related, based on
how locked down my PC is. I have looked on TechNet and I have not come up
with much. Anyone have any ideas to steer me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble with CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Never mind - scrrun.dll was not properly registered. I re-installed WSH and
everything is working like a champ.

Quote:
> Does anyone know what I should look for in the way of security settings to
> enable this to work on an NT 4.0 system? I am just creating a local .vbs
> file that I am kicking off and I want to create a text file to log some of
> the results.

> I am getting the following error:
> ActiveX component can't create object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'

> I know that is pretty generic, but I think it is security related, based
on
> how locked down my PC is. I have looked on TechNet and I have not come up
> with much. Anyone have any ideas to steer me in the right direction?

> Thanks.

Fri, 13 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") doesnt work

2. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

3. Trouble Using "Scripting.FileSystemObject"

4. Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

5. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Error

6. ** ? concerning CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

7. Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")-error

8. CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Error

9. ** ? concerning CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

10. Set fso = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

11. Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

12. Set filesys = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")