Getting IP Address of Local Machine
Author Message
 Getting IP Address of Local Machine

Hi,
    I am totally lost. I am using the following script in my WSH logon
script.

Dim IPSocket
Set IPSocket = CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock")
IPAddress = IPSocket.LocalIP
MsgBox "Local IP = " & IPAddress

 With certain machines it works but with others it gives me the
following error:

ActiveX component cannot create object: 'CreateObject' Error number
800a01ad.

I searched on Technet and it says something about registering dlls
and ocx files. I searched and found mswinsck.ocx. I tried to register it
using regsvr32 but it was useless. I got the same error all over again.

Can somebody help me out there ?

Colin

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting IP Address of Local Machine
see your cross post in ...scripting.wsh

--
Michael Harris

Hi,
    I am totally lost. I am using the following script in my WSH logon
script.

Dim IPSocket
Set IPSocket = CreateObject("MSWinsock.Winsock")
IPAddress = IPSocket.LocalIP
MsgBox "Local IP = " & IPAddress

 With certain machines it works but with others it gives me the
following error:

ActiveX component cannot create object: 'CreateObject' Error number
800a01ad.

I searched on Technet and it says something about registering dlls
and ocx files. I searched and found mswinsck.ocx. I tried to register it
using regsvr32 but it was useless. I got the same error all over again.

Can somebody help me out there ?

Colin

Mon, 05 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting Local IP Address of Machine

2. Getting Local IP Address of Machine

3. Getting Local machine IP address

4. Getting a machine's MAC address given a NETBIOS machine name or IP address

5. IP ADDRESS OF LOCAL MACHINE

6. Retrieving the current IP address of the local machine

7. Find IP Address of local machine?

8. How do I get the IP address of local machine

9. Retrieving the current IP address of the local machine

10. Retrieving the current IP address of the local machine

11. Getting Local IP address running a VBS script locally

12. Getting Local IP Address