Microsoft Cursor Engine error '8007000e'
Author Message
 Microsoft Cursor Engine error '8007000e'

I'm currently maintaining a site that access a SQL Server 7 database, and
some of the pages presents this large reports that I show them "paging
through records".

Once I open the recordset I specify a PAGESIZE for it.  Then I specify the
ABSOLUTEPAGE for it, and finally I loop through the recordset as many times
as the PAGESIZE or until it hit the Eof.

This is working fine, but my customer wanted an option to get all the
records at one time, and that could be more than 1,000 records.  I thought
that putting the total number of records of the recordset on PAGESIZE was
going to work fine, it didn't.  Some times works, specially when I tried
immediately after I reboot the server.  But from then on this error appears:

Microsoft Cursor Engine error '8007000e'
There is insufficient available memory.
/mypage.asp, line ##

Do I need to redirect to another page that doesn't use any of the ADO
Recordset options to access all the data?  Or this one has a fix?
At some point, if the data grow and grow, this will present me problems
anyway?

Thanks in advance...

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Cursor Engine error '8007000e'
Your probably trying to open a recordset so big that the server can't handle
it more than once. Either buy a new beast of a server or output the data in
smaller chunks.

--
Dominic

Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e09'

2. Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 8007000e'

3. CDO.Message.1 error '8007000e'

4. Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 8007000e'

5. Microsoft Cursor Engine error

6. Microsoft Cursor Engine error

7. Microsoft Cursor Engine error

8. Error :- Microsoft Cursor Engine ???????

9. Microsoft Cursor Engine error

10. HRow error - Microsoft Cursor engine

11. Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

12. Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a01ad'